Thorburn throws six punches to opponent on the ice

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
What I find hilarious about this thread is just about everyone is United on this incident except Star fans..... Dallas fan started the thread and wanted to garner sympathy for one it the biggest rats in the game, and Dallas fans who refuse to see their player wait for the other guy turn his back. Stop Dallas fans you're embarrassing yourself's.

Ps Blues fans are not mad about losing the game, majority of us have given up on this season and even more can't stand Thorburn

The only embarrassment is people who say "deserved it, it's Roussel". That's the only stupid comments in this thread.

Reactions: Cletus56

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Absolutely gutless. Gutless puke Thorburn is. Such a cheap shot goon thats gotta be a big suspension. This is the kinda crap that HAS to be out a the league. Same with these type of CLASSLESS GOONS :rant: :rant:
Relax pal he’s not a a Jet anymore

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
Roussel’s own mother would have pounded him if she had the chance.
i2yYun3.gif

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
I'm very not pc, but many posts in this thread sickens me. If you think Roussel got 'what he deserved', you're probably the kind of person who thinks people in society should take laws into their own hands. Roussel had already surrendered and the refs have intervened. What Thorburn does next, or attempts to, is defenitely worthy of a suspension.

Roussel is a pest. That's his job. It doesn't mean he's an awful person who derserves taking punches to his face with the back of his head lined up against stonehard ice... People take agitators way too personal.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
So you believe its horrific to throw punches after a player is down on the ice but perfectly ok to start a fight with a guy who has his back to you..... Don't you think those things are a wash.

As I said a million times, Thorburn challenged him he obliged. He didn't jump anyone from behind like Bertuzzi.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm very not pc, but many posts in this thread sickens me. If you think Roussel got 'what he deserved', you're probably the kind of person who thinks people in society should take laws into their own hands. Roussel had already surrendered and the refs have intervened. What Thorburn does next, or attempts to, is defenitely worthy of a suspension.

Roussel is a pest. That's his job. It doesn't mean he's an awful person who derserves taking punches to his face with the back of his head lined up against stonehard ice... People take agitators way too personal.
Extra punches happen all the time. It’s not suspension worthy.

Everyone cries for suspensions over everything these days. Let there be some hatred on the ice and let it boil over to next game. It’s good for the game. If Dallas didn’t like the extra shots, address it when they meet again. Heaven forbid games got nasty.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Excellent post. I couldnt have said it better

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Does anyone actually like Roussel? Guy is a grade A ****bag.
Havent really seen anyone in this thread say they like him. But doesnt mean any kind of predatory assault like Thorburn did was ok. Thats what people are angry about bub. Take the blinders off :facepalm:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Trash with trash play on trash. Both would work at a trash yard in a perfect world, instead of stealing roster spots from players with actual talent

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017

Roussel is a dirty player, he gets what he deserves, he's not just a "pest" as you say. There are pests that are mostly clean, Roussel is not one of them, he has put people in danger in the past and even in this play he TRIED to do that with Thorburn.

People like you really sicken me (and anyone defending him), reciprocation is a GOLDEN LAW, you reap what you sow. People like you would rather he run around gooning it up and having nothing dirty ever happen to him back because ofc the goon shouldn't be gooned back, God forbid he get a taste of his own medicine.

If people honestly took your logic to it's conclusion, society would be run by criminals, pirates and parasites.

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Roussel got what he deserved, it comes with the pest tag.

As for him being a dirty douchebag, lol. 1 suspension in 6 seasons. Just goes to show you he's one of the best in the league for getting under the skin of opponents and fans while scoring 25-30 pts per year.

So much salt in this thread, it's beautiful.

bennylundholm

Sep 7, 2014
Roussel is a dirty player, he gets what he deserves, he's not just a "pest" as you say. There are pests that are mostly clean, Roussel is not one of them, he has put people in danger in the past and even in this play he TRIED to do that with Thorburn.

People like you really sicken me (and anyone defending him), reciprocation is a GOLDEN LAW, you reap what you sow. People like you would rather he run around gooning it up and having nothing dirty ever happen to him back because ofc the goon shouldn't be gooned back, God forbid he get a taste of his own medicine.

If people honestly took your logic to it's conclusion, society would be run by criminals, pirates and parasites.
Great post! Roussel is dirty and then turtles when he's confronted. He deserves a shitkicking every game.

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Roussel is a spot picking, turtling bitch. The Caps played the Stars and he drops the gloves with Vrana who doesn’t fight and didn’t even drop his gloves, and later in the game Wilson asks him to go and he turtles right away.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Three punches when Roussel goes down, then another three when the refs are in separating them. Disgusting.

don't want to get punched repeatedly ???????

Don't jump a guy early from behind and then think that the marquis of queensbury rules still apply. You set things into motion like ratty roussel did, you don't get to complain about the outcome.

this was just deserts, nothing more.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Roussel is a spot picking, turtling *****. The Caps played the Stars and he drops the gloves with Vrana who doesn’t fight and didn’t even drop his gloves, and later in the game Wilson asks him to go and he turtles right away.

Never understood why people think Roussel is going to fight heavyweights.. every game he gets under the skin of opponents/fans and then fans cry when he doesn't fight their 6'4 heavy weight like Buff, Wilson, etc.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The only embarrassment is people who say "deserved it, it's Roussel". That's the only stupid comments in this thread.

what ? a guy clearly and unambiguously ignores the well understoof rules of the road by jumping a guy he initially declined from the back, then demands protection from those same rules when things go south in a fight ?

My only regret is that thorburn didnt tune him up better. These just deserts still left me hungry.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad