Injury Report: Thompson (Nov. 30; Mar. 25 update posted; Brassard (Feb.), Brown (Jan)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Two of Flyers' top prospects stay with Phantoms; key center set for return

February 8

The veteran Brassard will be a player to keep an eye on as the March 21 trade deadline nears. With the Flyers at 15-22-8 and aiming to "aggressively retool," Brassard is a candidate to be moved during the trading period. He's on an expiring contract for only $825,000 and there's a lot to like there if you're a contending team. Brassard has 117 games of playoff experience — the most on the Flyers — and positional versatility.​

February 8

After he appeared to be getting closer to a return leading into the break, Brown was unable to practice Tuesday.

"It's not a setback, but it's not quite progressing as quickly as we would have hoped," Yeo said, "so he's going to be a little bit longer.
Source: Jordan Hall

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
February 14

------------

Rasmus Ristolainen out vs. Penguins; Flyers provide updates on Kevin Hayes, Derick Brassard

Derick Brassard did not return to practice after he sat out Saturday’s game. He had said he expected to take baby steps for his return, but it turns out his absence was more than just a precaution.

“Obviously, there’s still an issue there,” Yeo said. “There’s a reason that the soreness continues to be there. Even though we take weeks off.”

When a player is injured, he has to go through numerous steps and be cleared by multiple people to return. Yeo said they went through all those steps and then some before bringing Brassard back.

“I thought we were being pretty careful to keep him out of that game even though obviously we could have used him,” Yeo said. “We were desperate for players and NHL players and bodies, especially at center ice position. But we took the decision to give him another week, to allow him to skate for another week. And so that still didn’t do the job.”

When they returned from the All-Star break, Brassard practiced, played in a game and practiced again. He said he was sore, but that was to be expected. But then the medical staff determined the soreness merited another break, and they won’t have him return until “we feel more confident that the strength can fully be there to keep him in the lineup,” Yeo said.

They’re not sure why this injury has lingered for so long, and Yeo said it’s “puzzling.”​

Last edited:
Reactions: Ironmanrulez

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They'll be cautious b/c he has no value until he plays for an extended period.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
ES pp/60:
Schenn age 24-30: 2.08, 1.46, 2.34, 2.25, 2.04, 1.81, 2.39 [2.01 average over 6 seasons, excluding this season]
Hayes age 24-28: 1.92, 2.41, 1.87, 1.76*, --- [1.99 average over 4 seasons]
Schenn is a better PP scorer, Hayes better on the PK.
Schenn 8yr/$52M from age 29-36.
Hayes 7 yr/$50M from age 27-34.
Overall, Schenn has a slight edge over a healthy Hayes. But he's also been more durable.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
this team is unable to play the Sport they are payed to play! Fire them all ! Release them and call up our young players! Never ever before in my life i have experienced a more useless crap team!

Brassy
Seely
Yandy
Conny
MacY
Browny
Mayhy

Release them all today and you lose nothing!!!!!!!

Play the kids and do something good!!!!!

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
this team is unable to play the Sport they are payed to play! Fire them all ! Release them and call up our young players! Never ever before in my life i have experienced a more useless crap team!

Brassy
Seely
Yandy
Conny
MacY
Browny
Mayhy

Release them all today and you lose nothing!!!!!!!

Play the kids and do something good!!!!!
What a collection of garbage

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Feb. 22

Brassard has been removed from the 23-man active roster with the promotion of Bunnaman. As of now, just prior to game-time, the assumption is he has been placed on IR. Now confirmed: Brassard is on IR.

Reactions: Ironmanrulez

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
@MiamiScreamingEagles im a little concerned about the lack of Nathaniel Thompson updates. Can you please confirm that we’ll see him dress this season again?
Confirm one way or the other is beyond my powers. I don't recall him being part of any rehab skating team that generally includes Hayes, Allison and others. That should be as strong as an indicator as anything.

Last edited:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
Thompson skated today in a no-contact jersey. Did line rushes and PK. He could return this season but that decision has yet to be made.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad