Injury Report: Thompson (Nov. 30; Mar. 25 update posted; Brassard (Feb.), Brown (Jan)

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Flyers’ Derick Brassard doubtful after one game back

After a month of rehab, rest and solitary skates, Derick Brassard finally made it back into the Flyers’ game day lineup. The next day, he was missing from the ice.

“He’s been dealing with a lingering issue,” Flyers interim coach Mike Yeo said. “We came back from this trip and he had been skating. He’d felt good. Went into the game last game, and today, he didn’t feel good. So I would call him doubtful. I’d call him day-to-day and we’ll go from there.”

This is the second time Brassard returned only to find out he wasn’t ready. Brassard injured his hip on Nov. 23 against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He rested two weeks before returning for the Flyers’ Dec. 8 game against the New York Rangers. While he played the entire game, he didn’t feel good the next day and went back into rehab.

are we talking about rookies or child leagues? How can a vEtErAn like Brassy dont know his own body? Why we getting vEtErAnS all the time, when they dont even have veteran skills?

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Flyers’ Derick Brassard doubtful after one game back

After a month of rehab, rest and solitary skates, Derick Brassard finally made it back into the Flyers’ game day lineup. The next day, he was missing from the ice.

“He’s been dealing with a lingering issue,” Flyers interim coach Mike Yeo said. “We came back from this trip and he had been skating. He’d felt good. Went into the game last game, and today, he didn’t feel good. So I would call him doubtful. I’d call him day-to-day and we’ll go from there.”

This is the second time Brassard returned only to find out he wasn’t ready. Brassard injured his hip on Nov. 23 against the Tampa Bay Lightning. He rested two weeks before returning for the Flyers’ Dec. 8 game against the New York Rangers. While he played the entire game, he didn’t feel good the next day and went back into rehab.

Time to give Brassard the Ol' Yeller treatment. Chk Chk boom!!!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I don't want the Old Yeller treatment for Brassard. I want someone to trade for him next month.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
remember when i said signing all these old dogs wouldnt even make it 60 games before wearing down to nubs, during the off season signing-fest.....

lol.. guess i shoulda said 30...

Except it was the young guys who went down first, Frost last year, Lindblom with cancer, Allison and Laczynski, Foerster and Wisdom at LHV.
That lead to Brassard being overworked and Hayes being rushed back.

The universe is fundamentally perverse.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Brown is re-injured.

Oh no, what will we do, how will we cope ...

giphy.gif

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
Ah well. I will always have the memories from the Sharks game: received a pass on the circle in the offensive zone, proceeded to a Matt Carle wrister straight to the goalie which was applauded by our announcers with "nice, Brown knew exactly what to do with the puck there"

(Forward received a pass in the OZ and proceeded to shoot, ooooh)

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
January 28

Flyers finally get some ‘good news’ on the injury front with Couturier, Hayes and more skating again

Sean Couturier (upper body), Kevin Hayes (adductor), Joel Farabee (upper body), Patrick Brown (MCL), Derick Brassard (hip), and Phantoms forward Tyson Foerster (shoulder) each made appearances on either Thursday or Friday.

“It’s weird to say that it’s good news that there’s a lot of people out there doing rehab skates, but it is compared to where we were a week ago,” interim head coach Mike Yeo said. “That’s encouraging. And obviously real hopeful that we can get some of these guys back. It would give our team a huge boost. The idea that there’s some guys that could be coming back, as far as the positive mindset for the group, I think that could be very encouraging.”

==========

Brassard is likely the closest to making a return to the team. He participated in a rehab skate Thursday and then skated with the full team Friday in a white non-contact jersey. Brassard was not a full participant in Friday’s practice, which will be a necessary step before he rejoins the lineup.​

Reactions: DaphneLion

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Brown is still better than Bunnaman and Cates, which is a sad commentary on the Flyers' depth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad