Speculation: Thomas Vanek’s next team

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Flip a coin!
He’s traded every TDL and is usually the last trade of the TDL before the deadline time.
I’m gonna say, and this is just a guess, Boston!

Apr 9, 2009
USA
He's looked better in Columbus than I expected. Rough start, but after those first few games he's contributed and shown effort out there. Seems like a good fit in Columbus and I bet he stays.

El Cohiba

Jul 3, 2011
under the sunshine
I selfishly wanted him back in Detroit this year. I think he ought to go to a contender to save him from his annual March trade. He's past his prime of course, but many underestimate him. He's still a serviceable player. Worst case scenario, he's a second unit PP guy and money in the shootout.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
I mean... Mike Smith is playing injured right now and has been just fantastic pretty much all season.

The Flames' focus this summer needs to be scoring first, scoring second, and scoring third.

He's fantastic, but old. Maybe, getting someone like Grubauer or Raanta in the offseason might help.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
As long as Chia is terminated I'd say the Oilers are a shot need that right handed winger on the cheap.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Seems like he would like a no-trade in his next contract even on a short term deal. Gotta feel for the guy, veteran player with a family, he's still producing well yet traded every season.

He was great on the Canucks and seems to be continuing his solid season with the jackets, I would definitely be fine with having him back next season on another short deal even with a NTC if need be.

I wonder what kind of interest he will attract in the offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad