THN Draft Preview is out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Draftman said:
There are some surprises. Thelen at 15, Wolski at 19, and Green at 32 are rated way too low IMO. While Smid at 11, Meszaros at 12, and Dubnyk at 17 are too high.

Can you post the top say 30 or 40? Or would that be a violation of copyright?

fedorov_jr

May 8, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
did u pick it up at a convenience store? or was it delivered to you via subscription?

i'd be interested in hearing their reasoning on why those european defensemen are so highly ranked...

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
fedorov_jr said:
did u pick it up at a convenience store? or was it delivered to you via subscription?

i'd be interested in hearing their reasoning on why those european defensemen are so highly ranked...

A subscription.

Smid and Meszaros were both rated by THN as two-way defensemen. Smid is a 6'3" d'man who dosen't play a physical game and seems to lack toughness. He passes well, but often overhandles the puck. Meszaros certainly has offensive ability but is only 6' tall. THN dosen't think that's a problem for him. Then they say Mike Green at 6'1-1/2" is too short? They have Green rated at 32 because he was on a bad team. Gimme a break!

Dgrohl8

Apr 14, 2004
Whats the best guide u can get and wear can u get it ,, i mean like projections and all that good stuff

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Draftman said:
A subscription.

Smid and Meszaros were both rated by THN as two-way defensemen. Smid is a 6'3" d'man who dosen't play a physical game and seems to lack toughness. He passes well, but often overhandles the puck. Meszaros certainly has offensive ability but is only 6' tall. THN dosen't think that's a problem for him. Then they say Mike Green at 6'1-1/2" is too short? They have Green rated at 32 because he was on a bad team. Gimme a break!

Meszaros isn't 6', he's around 6'2. I was just watching a tape of him (Slovaks/Czechs wjc) and to me he stuck out a lot more the Smid did. Meszaros has a nice shot and was more physical. It's only one game but I would take Meszaros over Smid. Also Meszaros was the only '04 prospect playing in the WC's not named Ovechkin.

Green to me looks more around 6'0.

Ruckus007

where to?
May 27, 2003
Huntington, WV
Brad Coccimiglio said:
I picked up a copy today at a local convenience store. There was only a couple of them left so I'm assuming it's been out for a few days here.

Hmm, sounds like I have to make a trip to Borders.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
Dgrohl8 said:
Whats the best guide u can get and wear can u get it ,, i mean like projections and all that good stuff
I've never thought that there is a single "best" guide. They all bring something to the table.

You can get: The Hockey News, the Redline Report, McKeen's, ISS, or Central Scouting's draft lists. I like to read as many as possible and make my own decisions. Frankly some of the reasoning behind some of their placements is stupid. Other times they can have biases (both for or against) certain players.

Draftman

Feb 28, 2002
Long Island, NY
Visit site
BrooklynCanuck said:
Are you in the US or Canada?

THN has this nasty habit of not getting their US subscribers the Draft preview on time and an even worse history of not getting it to US newstands on time. I had to wait until a week before draft day to get it in Washington via newstand. I'm a subscriber now, so hopefully I'll have it in the next day or two.

US. NY. LI. North Nassau County to be specific.

And usually my mail service is very slow. So I'm surprised that I am the first to get it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I await mine. No THN in the mail today for me but I am eagerly awaiting it so I can properly start to forumulate my mock draft.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Draftman said:
US. NY. LI. North Nassau County to be specific.

And usually my mail service is very slow. So I'm surprised that I am the first to get it.

I live in NYC.Guess I'll find out when I get home if I got it.

It usually comes between Wednesday-Friday

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
I just picked it up, and what stands out most to me is that Blake Wheeler is 72nd and Roman Tesliuk isn't in the top 100. It's an interesting list, very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad