Post-Game Talk: This was definitely a game

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
I never said they are played on spreadsheets. I just use them as a tool. At the end of the day, all that matters really is goal differential. Is the team scoring more with that player then they are allowing? If the answer is no then that player or team is not doing well.

And again as I said, Keith is absolutely better than Kulikov, but Larsson is absolutely better than Ceci. But I sometimes forget, as soon as you aren’t an Oiler you suck, and your replacement is always better.
Ceci is every good as Larsson....better puck mover,better skater, and solid on d. Larsson gets beat a fair amount, twice on this game. Ceci has really improved from Ottawa.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Larsson is horrible at skating. And bad at passing. He's definitely not "the best right handed shutdown defenseman" in the league. Did you forget all those years he sucked for the Oilers? I'd take Ceci over Larsson.
Did you forget all the years that Ceci sucked period?

Both have grown as players. Larsson is still better defensively than Ceci has ever been. It’s definitely homer thinking to think otherwise just cause Ceci is an Oiler and Larsson isn’t.

Reactions: SnooPac

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

Both have grown as players. Larsson is still better defensively than Ceci has ever been. It’s definitely homer thinking to think otherwise just cause Ceci is an Oiler and Larsson isn’t.
How is this relevant? In the past, he doesn't suck now lol.

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021

No it isn't...at all, Ceci has improved immensely, there is nothing between ceci and Larsson , and ceci is far better skater, and puck mover...

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Ceci, with the eye test at least, is a far more capable defenceman than Larsson is. His ability to make the right play out of our zone alone is enough to make him better to keep around. Transitionally.

Reactions: jesusbuiltmyhotrod

jesusbuiltmyhotrod

Feb 27, 2021
Cause the person I was replying to brought up the years Larsson was bad in the past?
False equivalence..ceci started off struggling pretty badly and has improved yearly..Larsson best years are in the past, his best seasons were 2016 , 2017 and prior...as the game got faster Larsson became less effective, he is beaten regularly, we saw that for years here lol.

McCombo

Nov 16, 2013
I checked their roster page before posting. He doesn't have an asterisk beside his name denoting he's injured so if he's on the IR, that's on them for not keeping their roster page updated.
Dailyfaceoff has Driedger on IR. That is probably the best place to follow line-ups.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
False equivalence..ceci started off struggling pretty badly and has improved yearly..Larsson best years are in the past, his best seasons were 2016 , 2017 and prior...as the game got faster Larsson became less effective, he is beaten regularly, we saw that for years here lol.
Larssons best season as an Oiler was last year.

The only actual bad season Larsson had was 18/19. Larsson has been better defensively every other year than Ceci. This year it looks much closer but Seattle is struggling as a team.

Be all defensive of Ceci all you want, I’m not calling him bad. Ceci is better offensively and moving the puck. Larsson is better against the cycle and keeping shots to the outside.

Larsson regularly gets used against tougher competition and does better than Ceci. And hell Keith is a major upgrade on all of Larssons partners last year too

But please go on about how every ex Oiler is terrible unless they play for us

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad