Post-Game Talk: This is what you do?

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
Man, watching those ugly loss highlights in the morning is a bad idea. Guess I need to start watching other teams again, otherwise I'll be fed up with hockey in early january.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
I think this is pretty much how it's gonna go for the rest of the season -- by which, I mean .500 hockey.

After the 5-wins start, we knew they were going to regress, and they have. The question is: will .500 hockey from now to April be enough to qualify for the playoffs? I think probably not.

Thus, making the playoffs or not likely depends on the Oilers going on a hot streak in the final 10 games of the season. So, let's fast-forward to then, and check...

(P.S. Neal is a welcome addition, but he is pretty crap five-on-five.)

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Rusoilers

Дмитрий Самуроков 38
Oct 9, 2019
Siberia
Ouuuuccch. I am mad at you oiler! Two straightlosses is unacceptable. I still love my team, I remind myself finishing number one in conference doesnt mean anything for playoffs. Just make it and I'll be a happy russian. I will squat honorably for you. With a cigarette in one side and vodka in my other. Hahaha now i convinced canada russians really do a thing like it. No I just like to make fun of russian stereotype. And gold chain on my neck. I've been drin today drown the pain in the lost.

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
Ouuuuccch. I am mad at you oiler! Two straightlosses is unacceptable. I still love my team, I remind myself finishing number one in conference doesnt mean anything for playoffs. Just make it and I'll be a happy russian. I will squat honorably for you. With a cigarette in one side and vodka in my other. Hahaha now i convinced canada russians really do a thing like it. No I just like to make fun of russian stereotype. And gold chain on my neck. I've been drin today drown the pain in the lost.

A difference between the Canadians and the Russians is like a difference between skiers and snowboarders. To them it's a major fight but for an independent observer... there isn't much of a difference. I lived in both countries for several years. Both had similar culture, both dragged me out into the wild to do fishing and drinking alcohol. The animosity stoked by talking heads on TV is simply a manipulation tactic to keep you all in check and under control.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oilhawks

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
For the first time this season I’m legitimately worried about our team, because I don’t see us winning too many games without Nuge.

That's true, especially if we make the playoffs

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Stats

Regular Season | Postseason
POSTSEASON STATS
SEASONTEAMGPGAPTS+/-PIMSOG%PPGPPASHGSHAGWGGTGTOI/GPROD
'16-'17
13044-32330.003000--18:2559:52
Career13044-32330.003000----
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

94 Oil Drops

McHy is the new McDrai.
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
We finish Nov 7-5-2, not great but not bad though.

I think we finish Dec with 8 wins
Or we will lose almost every game before the New Year... You never know with this team. I'm not very optimistic about things right now and we are probably going to get owned again tonight.

Also like many others are saying, HOW MANY STUPID 8PM STARTS IS TOO MANY!?

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Well its a school night and they decide to start a Sunday game late again. Starting to be a bit annoying. I got a head start on relaxing last night though thanks to the Zero effort.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Terrible game. I guess our bounce back game was postponed until Sunday.

Kosk can/should get the next 2 starts now.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Smith was sad and painfull to watch...

He flops around so much and he honestly terrifies me whenever the puck is moved into our zone :laugh:
Koskinen is a lot more calm and positionally sound. I definitely feel more comfortable with him in net.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
That one goal where he doesn't have the lateral movement to cover the post was so sad. Killed all the momentum they gained back. Smith must have something on tippet from garyzona

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
LOL. Now where was that Chiarelli appreciation thread? It’s gotta be around here somewhere.

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Well, losses will happen, but some of them are preventable with smart coaching decisions. Like our previous two coaches, Tippett seems to take forever to realize the obvious:

1. The two-goalie rotation thing is not working anymore. It hasn't for at least 2-3 weeks. Please stop this nonsense. Koskinen is the starter and Smith is the back up. Play Smith on back-to-backs and against weaker teams. Otherwise, start Koskinen for most games until he starts faltering. Then maybe consider giving Smith a few more games.

2. Please split up McD and Drat. The latter seems to get into some sort of auto-pilot mode when he plays with McDavid. He gets into these ruts where he just coasts along waiting for McDavid to do all of the heavy lifting. Put him on his own line and force him to move his feet like he was earlier in the season. This one small change will solve the depth problem, reduce the astronomical ice time, cause teams matchup headaches, and we will finally all see if he can run a line without McDavid over a larger timeline.

NotAVacuumSalesman

The Guide And Record Book™
Jun 19, 2017

This goal did it for me.

How many Oilers are caught on the wrong side of the puck? How many Canuck players are on the correct side?

Pearson's muffin shot squeaked in.

Smith gave Pearson an early Xmas gift.

The score was 2-2 before that happened.

Some of the other goals like Leivo's was nicely gift "wrapped".

Nurse played like shiit. Hope he gets 4M on his next contract. Anything more is an overpayment.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario

This goal did it for me.

How many Oilers are caught on the wrong side of the puck? How many Canuck players are on the correct side?

Pearson's muffin shot squeaked in.

Smith gave Pearson an early Xmas gift.

The score was 2-2 before that happened.

Some of the other goals like Leivo's was nicely gift "wrapped".

Nurse played like shiit. Hope he gets 4M on his next contract. Anything more is an overpayment.

That clip is a comedy of errors for Klefbom.

Makes a silly play trying to step up, skates to almost behind the net and leaves his man(the eventual goalscorer) wide open in front.

Add Sheahan off in la la land and that's a goal against every time.

Reactions: 3rdPeriodCringe

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
That's true, especially if we make the playoffs

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins Stats

Regular Season | Postseason
POSTSEASON STATS
SEASONTEAMGPGAPTS+/-PIMSOG%PPGPPASHGSHAGWGGTGTOI/GPROD
'16-'17
13044-32330.003000--18:2559:52
Career13044-32330.003000----
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Oh cool chart do Gagner next ...

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
Team is too frustrating and unpredictable to hope too much. Lose to bad or average teams and then beat good teams. One dimensional team for the most part.

Hope to fill in the pieces for next season to get a more rounded and consistent team as the former GM set this team back 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad