Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
giphy.gif

WOAH! You people???

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
**** this ****.
Holland. Pull your head out of your ass and realize when we are down a top six player and we only have two playing tonight, it's okay to call up players or make a damn trade to keep this team going.
Send Jones down, call up Bouchard.
Send down some trash and call up Benson. Just try it. Don't be a lil *****.

Isnt it this way of reactions, that hademade previous GMS to fail? Edmonton is in the top, a team has its wins and losses. Its not like oilers has a eight loss in a row.

On to the next one.
And oh.
Just why the love for Chiasson? Does Tippet really think there is a 30 goal player in there just needed to be awaken??
It doesnt.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Larsson and Chia. One-two punch akin to rats and the plague.

It took humankind more than a hundred years to find a way to eliminate that disease...and there are still isolated cases popping up recently.

tl;dr

How long will it take the Oilers to get rid of them?

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
LOL at this game

Said it way before today/yesterday, a few times today as well.

Vancouver is light years ahead of our team in terms of work ethic. No argument. Line 1-4.

I knew they would sh** kick us as they did for most of game 1 this year possession and work ethic wise.

Mike Smith was trash. Cost us a few.

If we scored to go up 3-2 this is a different game, but these guys all sucked from line 1 to 4. Had nothing much 5 on 5 from puck drop.

Never even came close to wanting it enough

I don't see much changing tomorrow. Kosk has to stand on his head.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
CGY wins, SJS wins, LAK wins and of course VAN wins.
I 'd like to say I'm as nervous about a collapse as I could be, but I know a loss tomorrow is a very real possibility, and the darkness can go deeper.
Completely unacceptable after what we put up in Colorado.
Let's see if they shit the bed 3 games in a row.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
I said I always laugh at EDM fans and VAN fans who think this will be a blowout.

Vancouver ALWAYS outworks us. Here or there. Look much better structurally as well for 95% of the game. I don't even mind if they sh** kick us again tomorrow.

I hope Holland is pro-active.

We need AT MINIMUM 2 solid 2nd liners. Guys like Toffoli, Pearson, TJ Miller, a Perron.

Neal shouldn't even be there. SLow as molasses 5 on 5.

x-RNH-x as a second line

screw with the rest (line 3/4) as you please. Will never go anywhere before that is accomplished at bare minimum.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We will lose most of the time to these teams that roll 3-4 lines barring McDrai dominance or a once in 10 game appearance from our bottom 9. At this point, I’d be thrilled if we even squeaked into the playoffs.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
No offense but I’m surprised a lot of you posting tonight didn’t fall off the bandwagon last season. There will be worse losses and streaks than this. This is and always was a bubble team at best this year. They will ride this hot start as far as it will go and finish 3rd in the division if lucky or take a WC spot (most likely). Any significant injuries (like Nuge the last few games) will only compound the lack of depth.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

Arctic Fox

Nov 17, 2007
No offense but I’m surprised a lot of you posting tonight didn’t fall off the bandwagon last season. There will be worse losses and streaks than this. This is and always was a bubble team at best this year. They will ride this hot start as far as it will go and finish 3rd in the division if lucky or take a WC spot (most likely). Any significant injuries (like Nuge the last few games) will only compound the lack of depth.

My guess people are upset at how stupid it all was. At least 2 stupid unforced penalties, one of them resulting in a goal. At least 2 stupid goals by Smith not tending the posts. It's not the loss and a stupid loss that hurts. A bunch of beavises and buttheads.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
My guess people are upset at how stupid it all was. At least 2 stupid unforced penalties, one of them resulting in a goal. At least 2 stupid goals by Smith not tending the posts. It's not the loss and a stupid loss that hurts. A bunch of beavises and buttheads.

Smith is playing himself off of the 2 and 2 rotation. Nurse is playing himself out of that 6+ million x 6 or whatever extension (game would have been different if Nurse hit the net on that gimme in the 2nd). Jones is playing himself back into the AHL (Persson should be back next week). Larsson is playing himself out of the NHL, and most of the depth forwards are doing the same.

I understand the patience and steady hand approach but I’d really like to see us ice our best possible lineups instead.

Give Koskinen 60% of the starts (or more).

Run something like this on D:

Nurse - Bear
Klefbom - Persson
Russell - Benning
Larsson

Run something like this on forward when healthy:

Drai - McDavid - Kassian
Nygard - Nuge - Neal
Benson - Haas - Archibald
Khaira - Sheahan - Granlund

If Benson clicks switch him with Nygard and Kassian with Neal. If “too early” to call up Benson, move Khaira up to his spot on that mockup and swap Granlund to 4LW and draw in PRussell to 4RW.

Reactions: Wyrm

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad