Sponsor
Mar 18, 2012
Edmonton
My apologies if this has been posted already:

F5B040A9-30A2-4506-BF2E-989A126F728F.jpeg

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Oh man I must have missed that….. what did they say?

won’t lie…. I’m starting to hate New York a lot. Their fans are very classless. A lot of them are.

He was remarking on fans doing the wave (I hate the wave too, for the record), called them “former Edmonton Elk’s name” and mental midgets for doing the wave. Kind of classless.

I like Isles better (and their fanbase), and bask in the Ranger’s misfortune whenever it happens. Seem to be a very entitled fanbase

edit: what @FanofOkHockeyTeam said

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
It's been the anthem singer all along, guys. I'm telling you. He's terrible, he's always been terrible, he's lifeless, he sucks, there is no energy in the building when he sings. Pay Sarah whatever she needs to do every game and coast to the cup.

Kate Smith would sing once in awhile in real life. Mostly she was on the jumbotron. But I agree, entirely, and we have to adopt Sarah, she's had a natural inclination to the Oilers over the years and also comes to Edmonton so often. But hand her the anthem keys, even if she can do it only once in awhile, but imagine her heartfelt renditions during playoffs. Who doesn't love Sarah McLachlan?

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
He was remarking on fans doing the wave (I hate the wave too, for the record), called them “former Edmonton Elk’s name” and mental midgets for doing the wave. Kind of classless.

I like Isles better (and their fanbase), and bask in the Ranger’s misfortune whenever it happens. Seem to be a very entitled fanbase

edit: what @FanofOkHockeyTeam said
Wow….. that’s absolutely insane…. And I completely agree. Isle fans have always been super classy. I have been on their board a few times and they are super nice. This was my first experience really with Rangers fans for the most part and they seem classless.

Reactions: Oilhawks

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Lmao...Omg, those horses ass Flames fan cock shiners are obsessed with everything Edmonton. I never watch that shithole team play, but they never miss an Oiler game. What a sad sack bunch of redneck hillbillies.

Ive never watched a Flames game in my life (except when they play Edmonton) but they also never had a Gretzky or Mcdavid on their team.

They’re like the guy at a urinal that can’t stop staring at the guy at the urinal next to him with the giant dick while wishing there’s wasn’t so small.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Completely agreed man. Pretty sick when fans are that classless. What a world we live in hey?

Then again my wife isn’t too classy. For example. She told me to shower today…. Back off lady. I showered on Wednesday. But whatever.

Big City mentality I guess lol

Spray a bit of Cologne on and she won't even know you missed a day of showering :nod:

Reactions: tardigrade81

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
You mean Smith who gave up four goals on fifteen shots in his last outing? And hasn’t been able to play since October 20th? The Oilers have a goaltending problem, and Smith is every bit as big a part of the problem as Koskinen.

Smith has been really good outside of a few stretches since the end of December 2019, been way more consistent than Koskinen, unless you're saying that Smith is just as much a problem because of injuries because there's no question who the better goalie has been the last two seasons.

With that said, people need to cool their jets with Koskinen. He's been a lot more good than bad this season and has bailed out a leaky Oilers defense numerous times. If he has an average game once in a while, people need to chill with throwing him in the trash. If he has a few bad games in a row then sure, criticize away.

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton
In a game of spectacular plays by spectacular plays I don't know that a Barrie play in front of the net even got much notice. Here's a D with elite skill trying to drag the puck across the goalie and a D and almost pulled it off in what would have been a stupendous net front shake. I looked at that and said wow, thats some swagger trying filthy shit like that.

Two things with that. The Oilers are going for it on a lot of plays trying to generate the exploit play. Now that leaves a lot of shots off the board, but thats the kind of VERVE that results in more goals being scored as guys are going for it, and have the confidence to generate elite plays. This engine is really purring and so many players on the club feeling it. Barrie hardly gets any recognition here but theres times in the annals of this club where an offensive player like him would be the most entertaining player to watch. We're truly spoiled that he's more of an addendum on this club.
The makeup of the team demands they go forward. It going to be a wild ride.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
My immediate thought after was joy that it wasn't Singh doing the broadcast.

"Oh, the Oilers, Connor McDavid scored, but wow the Rangers are playing so great. "

lol at the broadcast as well that they again completely missed an Oilers goal in realtime. I mean that was 10secs after faceoff they scored, I think it was Hyman goal, and they were busy like usual talking about haircuts or something. I thought there was a glitch in the stream and wound back, nope, they missed the goal. We did of course get replays but what shoddy broadcasting to routinely not show the faceoff.

Good point on Singh. A little thing like that would have altered that moment for the remainder of time. And not in a good way.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Comeback from 3 goals down and winning in OT in 97 against Dallas is right up there. Thought the roof was going to come off. For perspective the entire 20mins intermission between the team scoring 3 late goals to tie, and then the OT and win, the place was roaring. Nonstop roar. People high fiving all over concourse and seating and screaming even before we won the game, and the win seemed like fate. Foreshadowing of the series win. As things tend to go the Stars dropping that game, it really got in their heads.

ps, this is what a great broadcast sounds like RIP

I was at that game!

Reactions: MessierII

Delicious Pancakes

Top Pocket Find
Apr 23, 2012
Home

I think the comment Hyman made that the Oilers haven't played a consistent 60 minute game yet and despite that they've still found ways to win all but one game is pretty bang on. It's crazy to think that the Oilers haven't really consistently played their best throughout games and yet they're still putting up over 4 goals per game and their only loss to the Flyers they were tied going into the 3rd period. What is it going to look like when they do play well for a full 60 minutes?

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think the comment Hyman made that the Oilers haven't played a consistent 60 minute game yet and despite that they've still found ways to win all but one game is pretty bang on. It's crazy to think that the Oilers haven't really consistently played their best throughout games and yet they're still putting up over 4 goals per game and their only loss to the Flyers they were tied going into the 3rd period. What is it going to look like when they do play well for a full 60 minutes?
Agreed with Hyman and your assessment. Really the team hasn’t even clicked systems wise or team wise yet. There’s ALOT to clean up and a lot to improve. It’s impressive that the talent on this team can outscore this and still take wins. But there’s definitely another couple rungs up the ladder that this team can take and will need to take if we want to be a true threat come playoff time.

xoczar99ox

Oct 8, 2019
Beat the Rangers 6-0 with their starting goalie in net…:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad