Post-Game Talk (GBU): This is the song that never ends!!

Aapo

Jan 16, 2011
Those who didn't bother watching tonight missed something I've never seen before.

Malkin and Larsson both dropped their gloves and very briefly began fighting. They then both mutually stopped fighting, separated, and skated away from each other with no interference from the linesmen.

They just stopped fighting shortly after starting to fight. I've never seen that before. A couple of real warriors if ever there were some.

This team sucks.

One of them obviously changed his mind about the fight and asked to stop.

It wasn’t Larsson.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
I guess I don't care what happens ….stay as we are or we start from scratch again with a new GM , new Coach and new plan....I just know I don't want to see what I have been seeing since December. I think as long as Botts and Housley (mostly) are here that I don't think I will fully trust this team. Even if they start next season off winning again...I will just be waiting for the collapse again. I think the players need and want a coaching change...this has been a really ugly season. I find myself questioning what is needed more right now.... a coaching or possibly a total regime change coupled with a win streak to to build this broken teams confidence going into next year or to ride this sh..storm out and get a better draft pick and do the coaching and/or regime change in the off season and pick up the pieces then. It's late and I am rambling.

Reactions: JLewyB

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012

It wasn’t Larsson.

Uh, not really. They both just mutually reacted in the same manner at the same time...both realizing they really didn't want to have anything to do with an actual fight.

Rob Ray's commentary during the replay was hysterical.

We are smack dab in the middle of the worst era in Sabres franchise history!

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
I guess I don't care what happens ….stay as we are or we start from scratch again with a new GM , new Coach and new plan....I just know I don't want to see what I have been seeing since December. I think as long as Botts and Housley (mostly) are here that I don't think I will fully trust this team. Even if they start next season off winning again...I will just be waiting for the collapse again. I think the players need and want a coaching change...this has been a really ugly season. I find myself questioning what is needed more right now.... a coaching or possibly a total regime change coupled with a win streak to to build this broken teams confidence going into next year or to ride this sh..storm out and get a better draft pick and do the coaching and/or regime change in the off season and pick up the pieces then. It's late and I am rambling.

I think we need the total regime change, coupled with a team change! Keep Reinhart, Eichel, and Dahlin. Sign Skinner to a big extension.

Change out the rest of the pieces.

This team should have like 70% turnover next year for Game 1.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
I was flipping channels back and forth in the 1st. Saw Kessel's goal. Kept on seeing Sobotka on the ice every time I flipped back, so didn't watch the rest of the 2nd or 3rd.

U: What has happened to this storied - yes storied - franchise. We are a laughing stock. I give Jack no more that 1 final year of this before he exits for greener pastures.
Up until some point a few years ago - and I don't think it was as long ago as 2007 - the Sabres had something like the 5th highest win percentage of any NHL franchise, all-time.

Reactions: oldgoalie

Thorton02

Feb 6, 2009
At this point, I'm not even watching the game. I just look at the GBU title to confirm what I thought would happen. I guess I'm ok with a better draft position but Botts has a lot of work to make up for that bonehead ROR trade.

Reactions: MagnumForce2

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
The Interesting: Casey Nelson is the only plus player for the Buffalo Sabres

The condemning: Conor Sheary is the only forward on this team not named Eichel, Skinner, or Reinhart who has more than 30 points on the season. He has 31.

There is nothing here beyond the big line and it's why we are where we are.

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I really have to wonder how this guy managed to become a Billionaire.
Because he sold a POS O&G property to the dutch who knew no better! Good on him I guess, but as a Sabres fan I won't be fooled as easily. This team has no market value and if I could short it like a stock I would have done so right after the end of 2018. Karma is a b***h.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia

It wasn’t Larsson.
Malkin is a noted hothead, and Ristolainen rubbed him out against the wall pretty firmly, so Malkin had a case of ass about that, so he turned and looked for the first Sabre smaller than Risto to cross-check in the back, and Larsson gave it back, and off they went until both realized they might actually get punched.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad