This is Nazem Kadri's Chance.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
This is it.

Next Year he'll be our #1 centre. He'll be getting top power play minutes. He'll be going head to head with the best.

Our offense is running through him this season.

I really hope he trains hard the next 2-3 months, because it's a big opportunity.

This time next season, will we be talking about how Kadri solidified himself as a top 6 forward, or even a top line forward?

I'm excited to see what he does.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I'm the opposite. If we're looking ahead to the future Leafs and they have guys like Marner, Nylander in the top six, we ideally need our 2016 picks to be big skill centers like Logan Brown or Auston Matthews. Long term, if the Leafs successfully rebuild, I don't see a purpose for Nazem Kadri.

He can do whatever, but at the end of the day, the big payoff is trading him for a younger asset that fits in better.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Well at least he has my boy Winnik to help him out against top competition.

What a good time to get his chance.

He better come fit and ready cause that's one huge mountain in his face.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'm the opposite. If we're looking ahead to the future Leafs and they have guys like Marner, Nylander in the top six, we ideally need our 2016 picks to be big skill centers like Logan Brown or Auston Matthews. Long term, if the Leafs successfully rebuild, I don't see a purpose for Nazem Kadri.

He can do whatever, but at the end of the day, the big payoff is trading him for a younger asset that fits in better.

I think, I know Babcock's tolerance for not professionalism will be shorter than Carlyle's. This one will be very interesting.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
He will kill it.
Spotlight is on him so he will thrive.
Good player getting more well rounded each season that passes.
I think in general he will thrive and produce a ****load more pp points this year. I would estimate 65 points in a healthy season 0.79ppg

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I think Babcock's tolerance for not professionalism will be shorter than Carlyle's. This one will be interesting.

Hope he just comes to camp and is a good citizen. Tired of hearing about his immaturity issues since forever, because the payoff has been so mediocre.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
yup he is either our future second line center or he shifts to the wing like ror. He will get 25 goals and 35 assists and finish around 60 points while being one of our best defensive players. Im happy to have him and he is a ig part of the team for both now and the future.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
If, under Babcock, Tyler Bozak still gets 1st line time, I'm going to quit sports for good.

There's no way that Bozak comes back as a top minute-getter under Babcock right?

right?

RIGHT?

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario

Hes still 24. A lot of pottential and is finally starting to put it together and you call for a trade..

He took huge strides in his 2 way game last season and I can see him breaking out and being that true 2-way center. He will have the best players on his line and get top powerplay time. Im really excited to see what he becomes.

Sonofamitch

Aug 2, 2013
Vaughan,ON
I'm predicting 60 pints with some elite chemistry developed with JVR. Bozak will be gone before the beginning of the season. It's gonna be him and Holland in top 6 roles. They'll either sink or swim either way we're a bottom t team with that center depth.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Hope he just comes to camp and is a good citizen. Tired of hearing about his immaturity issues since forever, because the payoff has been so mediocre.

That, and to be in the best shape of his life. To live and breath Leafs. As you said to grow up. He's 25, this is not young by NHL standards. If it isn't Shanahan's address to him. It is Babcock now. If people thought Carlyle was tough. Kadri has not seen anything like Babcock yet. It's going to be no nonsense accountability. If Kadri can uphold to this standard, he may be worth it. Question is can he? We have only been waiting for him since he was drafted 6 years ago. 25-27 are supposed to be prime years for a player. It's a show me make it or break it year for him. I can't see the leafs going another year of more mishaps with him.

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Unless he drastically changes, don't think he'll fit well with Babcock ...

Wouldn't surprise me if he got "Evander Kaned" out of town.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm predicting 60 pints with some elite chemistry developed with JVR. Bozak will be gone before the beginning of the season. It's gonna be him and Holland in top 6 roles. They'll either sink or swim either way we're a bottom t team with that center depth.

No chance.

Literally, no one wants this guy.

It's not a joke. NO one is calling for him.

Arizona flirted with the idea because they needed to get to the cap floor, and then they went and landed Vermette.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Hes still 24. A lot of pottential and is finally starting to put it together and you call for a trade..

He took huge strides in his 2 way game last season and I can see him breaking out and being that true 2-way center. He will have the best players on his line and get top powerplay time. Im really excited to see what he becomes.

I can see the logic behind calling for a trade. I mean he's our best forward so it only makes sense we run him out of town. :sarcasm:

Optimist

Wendel and I
Feb 16, 2015
Ontario Canada
He will sleep in and blow this with Babcock. Guaranteed. His history of unprofessionalism is long and well documented. See ya Naz...

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
He's got a good opportunity this year but like Shanny said today keep up or get left behind. No bs will be tolerated from now on from anybody.

tml19

Nov 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
The guy shows up late to 1 practice after everyones mailed it in the day after daylight savings and hes unproffesional aparently. Atleast he cared to play during games, unlike bozak and kessel. I dont see people saying how great of a job he did dealing with Ron Wilsons crap over the years.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The guy shows up late to 1 practice after everyones mailed it in the day after daylight savings and hes unproffesional aparently. Atleast he cared to play during games, unlike bozak and kessel. I dont see people saying how great of a job he did dealing with Ron Wilsons crap over the years.

I'm pretty sure they didn't want to get into specifics on that one.

91Kadri91*

If, under Babcock, Tyler Bozak still gets 1st line time, I'm going to quit sports for good.

For what it's worth, Kadri averaged slightly more even-strength time than Bozak this past season, and played the toughest competition among Leafs' forwards.

I see your point, though, and I agree with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00