Post-Game Talk: This is it! Canadiens visiting the Senators in Ottawa at 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
DD is to Therrien what John Cena and Randy Orton are to Vince McMahon.

BTW, as much as I like Fleschman, I wouldn't sign him cause I don't want to waste Kassian on the fourth line. Kassian should at least have third line minutes.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
I disagree.

Gilbert shined in the playoffs last year, he was pretty good. It's not the first time he cuts to the net and scores a goal like this. He did it twice last year (once against LA and another time in the playoffs).

Gilbert is unjustly vilified on this board, not sure why. He's not perfect but he only has a 2.8M cap hit and is quite serviceable in that context.

Main problem I'm seeing with Gilbert is that he's actually too talented to play 5th-6th D. He's a right-hand D and those cannot play on the left so he would be behind Subban and Petry on the right. And really Pateryn fits better at that position. Cause it's not a problem for him to get less ice time plus he is more physical.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
well the way this board usually sees it --

when you lose with therrien all hell breaks loose

when you win the therrien all hell breaks loose

Board was pretty happy when winning in 12/13 with good analytics (aside from the goon pushers and Boullion love).

BTW, as much as I like Fleschman, I wouldn't sign him cause I don't want to waste Kassian on the fourth line. Kassian should at least have third line minutes.

I doubt Fleishmann has impact on Kassian since one is LW and other is RW. Weise/Semin/Gallagher are Kassian's competition.

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
What's gonna happen? Habs didn't look too sharp last night. Tinordi with a failed dump in on that first goal. He didn't look great - I like him but time is running out. Tokarski hasn't looked good - Condon seems to have beat him out. Do they carry 8 d-men? Does Fleischmann make the team? Lots of questions - will be interesting to see what happens

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
I'm trying to figure out what kind of defensmen Tinordi WANTS to be. He's not bringing anything to the table right now, we're just there crossing our fingers every shift that he didn't make any mistakes .

I know we like making excuses and saying it's a confidence thing, basically because we want the kid to succeed, But he's just so slow with his puck decisions.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The roster is set- here are the last moves I would make to get down to 23 players-
Hudon, DLR, Andrighetto sent to AHL
Barberio and Tinordi- waived
Condon to AHL (for now). If Price goes down Condon gets called up and plays (he will be in game shape from playing regularly in the AHL)
Fleischman- toughest decision but I would not sign him. Waste of cap space. Habs have several young players who can be called up.

Pateryn- rotate him and Gilbert. Beaulieu is the future and needs to play.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I'm trying to figure out what kind of defensmen Tinordi WANTS to be. He's not bringing anything to the table right now, we're just there crossing our fingers every shift that he didn't make any mistakes .

I know we like making excuses and saying it's a confidence thing, basically because we want the kid to succeed, But he's just so slow with his puck decisions.

Tinordi is another first round bust that was drafted because of his size. He simply is not good enough to play in the NHL. I think Lernout and Dietz are both way better.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Tinordi is another first round bust that was drafted because of his size. He simply is not good enough to play in the NHL. I think Lernout and Dietz are both way better.

Lernout. Another guy drafted because he's over 6'2:shakehead

Why do they do this to us? Why can't the Habs draft players between 6ft and 6'2 to keep us fans happy?

Dannyhab

Feb 5, 2010
Didn't see the game but can someone please explain to me why the Habs Twitter account is showing highlights of a Gilbert winning goal in OT when the official score on the Habs site is a 5-4 loss with no OT goals?

TheViperOne

Jul 26, 2005
Didn't see the game but can someone please explain to me why the Habs Twitter account is showing highlights of a Gilbert winning goal in OT when the official score on the Habs site is a 5-4 loss with no OT goals?

Every preseason game is showing fans the new 3 on 3 OT format regardless of how the regulation score ended.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O

It's just that Kassian has been invisible all pre season. I know it's only pre season but he hasn't done anything to impress me so far. Fleischman on the other hand was very good in my opinion. That whole line seemed to be clicking. I'd like to see more of Kassian with DD but I certainly think Flash has earned a spot on the team.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

Obligatory 3-on-3 period, regardless of the final score.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
But from the video it looks like the Ottawa goalie leaves right after being scored on as if the game was over. How does that work?

Because the 3 on 3 OT must be played after every pre-season game is just like a regular OT. The moment someone scores game is over.

But Sens won the normal 3 period game.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The whole point of 3 vs 3 is to shorten games.

No. The whole point of the 3 on 3 is NOT to go to shootouts. I always thought, and the league thinks the same, that a game should NOT be decided on individual plays. When overtime happens in football, you don't have a kicking challenge at the end of it....

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Well Cena is a money-maker. WWE doesn't have the writing skill to create new stars. Cena constantly makes huge amounts of money and loves doing all the charity work & interviews.

Why would Vince McMahon change that?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Let's hope Tokarski lost his job last night, for good.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Regretfully, I think you're right. I was pleased when Tinordi was drafted (precisely because of his size) but he neither scares the opponents nor impresses me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad