Post-Game Talk: This is hockey

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
With the way Weiss looked against Toronto, it'd be hard to take anyone out for him. I don't think we have a problem with too many top9 forwards, though. We definitely have

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Franzen
Nyquist
Tatar
Sheahan

in our top9. I'd include Jurco because of potential, so we're up to seven. after that...maybe Helm and Abdelkader? But they seem to be top9 guys either because they fill a particular role (they carry the piano or whatever metaphor Babcock is using this year), or because we're just too thin to not have at least one of them in the top9.

I know I'm a broken record with this, but my ideal lineup still has Helm and Abdelkader on the fourth line with Glendening.

I agree with you completely about Helm and Abby being on the 4th line. Even without Weiss, if we split up Z/D, we have 3 very capable centers to push Helm down there. They've always been on my 4th line in ideal lineups because of how deep it makes the team.

I just also think that neither Helm nor Abby are not perfectly good third liners. In terms of production and skillset, they are at the very least average third liners around the league. Jurco is as well. That does give us 9-10 top9 players. Add another if you include Nestrasil who I think is making a very good case for it. He's got the size and the skill and he seems to know what to do out there. He's not scoring yet but he's only 5 games in.

Hell, I think even Pulks would fit in nicely right now in the top9. He's doing that thing that Nyquist and Jurco did where they go PPG in the AHL after being kept off the big club. 3 goals 4 points in 4 games. He looked good enough to me in the pre-season. Get him a decent puck distributor like Sheahan and he could do some damage.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'd easily take Jurco over Nestrasil.
In the long run I do too, but at the moment I don't think Jurco is playing so well that he can't be sent down to GR for a bit. I'd prefer waiving Cleary, but I have my doubts that will happen. I definitely don't want to waive Nestrasil and risk losing him for nothing. He looks like an NHLer and with every game he seems to be getting a little more comfortable out there.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
There isnt many better things in hockey than a red wings win against the leafs, a sweep of a home and home is though. Living in Ontario and getting to watch one of those games live is like christmas. It'll shut up my Leaf fan friends for quite a while hopefully lol.

I didnt tihnk it was a particularly good game like some people are saying. The wings had some good chances that Bernier stepped up for but not a whole bunch and the Leafs didnt really get much going at all. The finish was the only exciting part

GrimWings

#Greenforpresident
Jun 28, 2014
Right here
I got to be there at the Joe for this game, loudest hockey I've been at. Super awesome. We had a lot of chances that we probably should have dinged one home but I'll take the win any day of the week. After 65 minutes of frustration the ending was absolutely awesome.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I got to be there at the Joe for this game, loudest hockey I've been at. Super awesome. We had a lot of chances that we probably should have dinged one home but I'll take the win any day of the week. After 65 minutes of frustration the ending was absolutely awesome.

YUP. The Joe was rocking! It was my first visit and I couldn't have asked for a better experience. My Dad and I flew out from Western Canada to catch the wings and lions in the same weekend; neither team disappointed :yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad