Post-Game Talk: This is hockey

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Low scoring, but it was still exciting. That's ****ing hockey.

Gus #1 star with the shutout.
Z #2 for that finish, thank you based beard.
I dunno for the third. Maybe Tatar? He generated stuff and looked dangerous all night, but no finish. Glendening was killer tonight as well. Hell, pretty much all the forwards were good tonight, some more than others.

Jurky said:
Sorry to disappoint everyone but Nyquist is no longer at a 82 goal pace...........only at 65 goals pace now
Trade the bum.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
detroit-red-wings.gif

Sweep!

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Yeah, the only thing bad about this game was both team's PP play.

Great great win.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I feel like the kid line is about to explode, hopefully Babcock doesn't break them up when Datsyuk comes back.

Great game, missed the first, but was impressed with a lot of the guys again.

Crymson

Fire Holland
May 23, 2010
I'd say Glendening has firmly established himself as 4th-line center. He's now the first of Babcock's fixations that has succeeded over the past few seasons.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Yeah, Monster, Z, and Glendening again for me

Glendening has made it into our stars of the game a few times already this season.

Classicnamesup

MVP Backhand Slapper
Sep 13, 2013
Guru Meditation
Gus was sort of a mess, cannot handle the puck. Bobbling it everywhere, unable to catch or control the rebound. It really is a miracle he got a shutout.

Tatar and Glendening really stood out tonight, Tatar looked like the most dangerous player on the ice all night.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Great win, but the lack of offense is troubling. Hopefully Datsyuk returning gets the offense on track.

I'm not that worried. It's not like there weren't a bunch of grade A chances. If you play like that every game, you're going to start scoring eventually. Obviously getting Datsyuk back just makes it that much more dangerous.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
"Amagad, you guys, Monster's in goal we've gotta score 10 goals to win!!" ;)

Only took one and we could afford to wait until 10 seconds left in OT to get it. Was actually predicting a Monster shutout so I'm glad to see I was right. Sad Nyquist's streak is broken but I'll take the 2 points and no shootout. He'll make up for it with a hattrick in his next game, just wait and see.

Zetterberg
Monster
Kronwall

Great game, though. '67 forever.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Kind of a soft goal by Bernier, considering some of the saves he made in this game

Very entertaining game for being 1-0

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
when Z scored and put his arms up in the air I was on the floor pounding jumping yelling 'you da man Z'

should have had more poise and finished better on some of those chances but it was a great game

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
Weiss with only 8 minutes of ice time in that game. Only one :30 shift in the third. Safe to say he's back in the fridge with Cleary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad