Speculation: This 20-21 Penguins team misses the playoffs... UPDATE - WRONG

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I think I’ve seen enough of Kapanen/Geno to know it’s a long shot to work, unless Sullivan is going to let Kapanen hang out in the NZ while we’re defending in our zone. They’ve had like 1 .5 decent shifts together.

Reactions: ericstrat1

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It isn't that the team gets worse.

It's that the team is already really bad, much worse than its record, and the results will soon more consistently reflect it.
This team when relatively healthy can beat the bottom feeders enough times to make the playoffs, but they’re not good enough to beat the elite teams with any consistency.

So it begs the question whether or not ownership is content with another 1st round loss or getting the rebuild started a bit earlier than they wanted to? I’m all for option 2. But I first try and see if a coaching change can improve things.

Reactions: ericstrat1

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
This team when relatively healthy can beat the bottom feeders enough times to make the playoffs, but they’re not good enough to beat the elite teams with any consistency.

So it begs the question whether or not ownership is content with another 1st round loss or getting the rebuild started a bit earlier than they wanted to? I’m all for option 2. But I first try and see if a coaching change can improve things.

I agree with the second part of your post, but as for the first part:

Over the last calendar year, this team's record is 14-16. And they started 6-2. After that it's been 8-14.

That isn't beating enough of anybody to even make it. They are bad.

Reactions: TKalltheTime

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I agree with the second part of your post, but as for the first part:

Over the last calendar year, this team's record is 14-16. And they started 6-2. After that it's been 8-14.

That isn't beating enough of anybody to even make it. They are bad.
Im not going to judge last seasons team in with this seasons team because there are too many additions/deletions. But other than this Boston game, I haven’t really been too bothered by their games so far. They’ve won more periods than they’ve lost even if it hasn’t exactly always translated to the scoreboard.

But we saw tonight that a well-coached Bruins team is another weight class. And I don’t believe this team can make another cup run without a coaching change or some serious personnel changes.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Im not going to judge last seasons team in with this seasons team because there are too many additions/deletions. But other than this Boston game, I haven’t really been too bothered by their games so far. They’ve won more periods than they’ve lost even if it hasn’t exactly always translated to the scoreboard.

But we saw tonight that a well-coached Bruins team is another weight class. And I don’t believe this team can make another cup run without a coaching change or some serious personnel changes.

I mean, I think this team sucks, but we are missing 3 of our top six defensemen.

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I mean, I think this team sucks, but we are missing 3 of our top six defensemen.

At what point do you just load up the top line like the other best teams in the league? McCann had a great stretch last year, I wonder if he could do that with consistency playing top 6 minutes.

Malkin - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - McCann - Zucker
Tanev - TB - Kap

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
At what point do you just load up the top line like the other best teams in the league? McCann had a great stretch last year, I wonder if he could do that with consistency playing top 6 minutes.

Malkin - Crosby - Rust
Guentzel - McCann - Zucker
Tanev - TB - Kap

I mean, part of the reason I think Sullivan should be fired is Marino - Letang looks great and he breaks them up. Our top two lines look awful specifically Zucker and Malkin and he continues to feed that line minutes.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

ownal

Jan 26, 2019
Pittsburgh
I mean, part of the reason I think Sullivan should be fired is Marino - Letang looks great and he breaks them up. Our top two lines look awful specifically Zucker and Malkin and he continues to feed that line minutes.

I hope they try that. Isn't Matheson close to coming back?

Marino - Letang
Matheson - Ruh
Poj - Ceci

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
this-is-fine.0.jpg
Cool, lost to the worst team in the division...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad