Thirty Years Ago Today

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Technique actually came out January 30, 1989, so you missed the 30th anniversary by a few months.
S5AcMAO.jpg

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I was wondering what "Getting Over It" was, so I gave it a shot. As much as I LOVE Bernard Sumner as a member of Joy Division and as a guitarist, I cannot for the life of me understand how his vocals aren't generally considered bad-sounding to most other people's ears. Most of his stuff sounds super cheesy to me.

Mike Mills

Apr 27, 2019
If you don’t like Electronic I think you have bad taste in music sorry not sorry

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I was wondering what "Getting Over It" was, so I gave it a shot. As much as I LOVE Bernard Sumner as a member of Joy Division and as a guitarist, I cannot for the life of me understand how his vocals aren't generally considered bad-sounding to most other people's ears. Most of his stuff sounds super cheesy to me.

I think it works sometimes, but his lyrics tend to be woefully bad. I like his singing on tracks like Leave Me Alone, Ceremony or Temptation. Technique is a good album, but I agree, he often sounds pretty cheesy there.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I think it works sometimes, but his lyrics tend to be woefully bad. I like his singing on tracks like Leave Me Alone, Ceremony or Temptation. Technique is a good album, but I agree, he often sounds pretty cheesy there.
Tell me about it.

As an obsessive Sister Ray fan, this hurts to listen to. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I like New Order songs, like the ones you mentioned, but even when I do, I'm a bit skeptical about whether or not I'm just allowing their strong music-writing/playing ability excuse the vocals/lyrics, which are never the strong point for me.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad