GDT: Third time's a charm

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Coyotes fan in peace.

As someone on our board pointed out rather amusingly, it can be argued that you guys "won" the series because each team took 4 points out of it but the Ducks got 1 ROW to our 0.

Anyway, fun little 3-game series. See you guys at the end of April.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Coyotes fan in peace.

As someone on our board pointed out rather amusingly, it can be argued that you guys "won" the series because each team took 4 points out of it but the Ducks got 1 ROW to our 0.

It was a good series.

OEL is a special player...I'm jealous

Oct 18, 2011
well my dream scenario has a chance to happen.

top 4 seeds now
hawks
ducks
nucks
kings

if this holds true, and all were to win their first round series, then we have a chance @ a kings/ducks WCF

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
well my dream scenario has a chance to happen.

top 4 seeds now
hawks
ducks
nucks
kings

if this holds true, and all were to win their first round series, then we have a chance @ a kings/ducks WCF

I'd like to avoid LAK. My family is all Kings fans. It'd be too stressful for me :laugh:

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
Coyotes fan in peace.

The Coyotes did kind of need the SO to win it as well, and SO wins are only a means to an end. But I'm just gonna look at the points and say it was a split. They were all close games, and the points reflect that.

There's still one more game in the season series, though. See you in April.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Coyotes fan in peace.

I have a feeling we might be seeing each other even after that, although I hope not. That would be a very tough series.

Oh, and we've almost equaled half of last season's win total in barely over a quarter of the games. Impressive.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I'd like to avoid LAK. My family is all Kings fans. It'd be too stressful for me :laugh:

I'd be all for it, I think. They're not a team I'd like to face come playoff time, but then again no team in the WCF should be. A Kings-Ducks WCF would be one for the ages, though, on center stage. It's about time the rest of the world learned about one of the league's best rivalries.

SirQuacksALot

A Garibaldi in Kelp
Mar 16, 2010
I'd be all for it, I think. They're not a team I'd like to face come playoff time, but then again no team in the WCF should be. A Kings-Ducks WCF would be one for the ages, though, on center stage. It's about time the rest of the world learned about one of the league's best rivalries.

It's not one of the NHL's best rivalries, but a WCF would certainly go a long way towards making that case.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I have a feeling we might be seeing each other even after that, although I hope not. That would be a very tough series.

Oh, and we've almost equaled half of last season's win total in barely over a quarter of the games. Impressive.

Jusging by wins - they`d won this series.

Last edited:

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Coyotes fan in peace.

Ducks actually have all three tiebreakers - 1 ROW to 0, and then since it's an odd number of home games the first game in Phoenix is thrown out, so the Ducks have 3 points to the Coyotes 2, and also (currently) have the goal differential for the entire season in their favor.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Good win by Hiller, kept his head in the game when he wasn't getting any work early and made some big stops late.

Getzlaf was the best player on the ice. Bobby peaked on the first goal, had some decent play in the 2nd, and then was back to lost on the ice in the third. Was a great play to set up Perry at the end of the 2nd. Looks like he forgot how to cycle with the twins though. Perry looked great through 2 (snakebit) then wasn't moving his feet much again in the 3rd.

Winnik looks bad. Either he's sick or hurt, I hope he's not hiding a concussion. Cogliano was the 2nd best player on the ice, looked like he stole everything Winnik lost. Koivu looked decent, but not as dominant in the faceoffs.

Bonino had a very strong defensive game. Selanne was bad. Losing pucks, not skating, poor defensive zone coverage. Caused an icing with a couple minutes left. Beleskey doesn't work on that pairing either - he's not reliable enough clearing the puck or compatible enough with Teemu in the offensive zone. At least they didn't get lit up again (largely due to Bonino).

4th line started strong then seemed to fizzle. I'm hoping one or more of them gets up to NHL speed sooner than later because none of them look like they belong on a contender.

Lovejoy was on the radio after the game - really articulate, humble, upbeat guy. Sounds honestly thrilled to be here.

DaDucks*

Pens fans were saying that he was known as one of the best locker room guys they had when he was there.

After both of our goals he went out of his way to skate over to hiller
To tap him on the pads... one of the times was straight off the bench...

Could have been a better game offensively if Beauch and Souray could
Have made a pass out of the zone

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
It's not one of the NHL's best rivalries, but a WCF would certainly go a long way towards making that case.

I should've worded my statement a bit better, that's more or less what I meant. It isn't there yet, but considering that not only have we never had a playoff series, but we've only had one year where both teams made the playoffs, it's a great rivalry. It by no means should be much of a rivalry, other than location, yet it is one, and with a Western Conference championship on the line, I think it'd become one. Our rivalry with the Sharks went up ten-fold with a first round playoff series, I think a series with the Kings would make this a premier NHL rivalry.

MMonarchs

Apr 10, 2011
Thought Lydman made some nice plays in the defensive zone to break up some PHX scoring chances.

Fallenity

Apr 12, 2011
Bad game from Selanne, really just seemed to get stripped of the puck all the time. Hiller rebounded like I thought he would, although the defense seemed more solid in front of him. Good to see the RPG, but I'd rather spread the scoring around. Bring Bobby back to the second line, put Beleskey on top line. When Palmieri comes back, put him on the second wing.

Beleskey - Hulkzlaf - Perry
Palmieri - Ryan - Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - Winnik
Holland - Bonino - Etem

would be my lineup.

Fasth will probably play on Saturday against the Flames and Hiller against the Blues?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Boring game but good win, good to see Hiller be pretty strong this game, didn't have to make many big stops, but made the big ones and no soft goals, hopefully he can be more confident going forward.

Phoenix don't close in on us after 3 games, Sharks lose to be 9 behind, and LA can only get within 7.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Coyotes fan in peace.

As long as we dont get you guys in the first round of the playoffs :\, pheonix is one of the teams in the west i wouldn't want to play first round, they have first round upset written all over them. Normally i throw nashville on that list too but without suter im not too scared.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Bad game from Selanne, really just seemed to get stripped of the puck all the time. Hiller rebounded like I thought he would, although the defense seemed more solid in front of him. Good to see the RPG, but I'd rather spread the scoring around. Bring Bobby back to the second line, put Beleskey on top line. When Palmieri comes back, put him on the second wing.

Beleskey - Hulkzlaf - Perry
Palmieri - Ryan - Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - Winnik
Holland - Bonino - Etem

would be my lineup.

Fasth will probably play on Saturday against the Flames and Hiller against the Blues?

I agree i like spreading ryan out.... i liked the idea of putting RPG together against defensive system teams (dallas, nashville, pheonix, etc. if we arnt scoring.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad