Confirmed with Link: Third Jersey - Revealed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takeo

Jul 9, 2003
Visit site
The best thing Buffalo could possibly do for a third jersey would be to bring back these babies.

source_585_53980.jpg

I always liked those, admittedly in part because the team that wore them was appealing. I'd even take them over their current unis. Unless of course they ditch the silly silver which ruins the entire ensemble.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I always liked those, admittedly in part because the team that wore them was appealing. I'd even take them over their current unis. Unless of course they ditch the silly silver which ruins the entire ensemble.

I didn't like them at the time but I think they're a good candidate for a retro third jersey because they do have some charm to them, partly because of historical team context. Taking them over the current jerseys is beyond crazy to me, but to each his own. Wish they'd ditch the god damn piping as you say, though.

ZeroPT*

Agreed. I love them. Though they're really similar to Carolina's away.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
http://www.icethetics.co/blog/2015/3/11/nhl-jerseywatch-2015

Buffalo Sabres

WHAT WE KNOW
The Sabres will be without a third jersey in 2015-16.

WHAT TO EXPECT
Having served out its two-year sentence, the infamous "turd burger" will be retired at the end of this season — likely never to be seen again. But while Buffalo may be out of the third jersey picture for a year, don't expect it to last.

This team loves alternate uniforms. It's had three since 2008, taking a break only during the lockout-shortened season of 2013.

Now let's get Ted Black a bun.

:handclap:

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
As the emblem of the 05-06 team, which was the team that really got me "into" hockey, I have a fondness for the goathead and would love to see some version of it on the alternate sweaters.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Can someone photoshop a jersey that somehow incorporates the front/back color split (maybe bluegold and redblack), the slug, the goathead, and crossed swords? :laugh:

SamuraiArt

Balso Par Big John S
Sep 17, 2013
Buffalo
The goat head has too much nostalgia attached for me not to love it. The crossed swords could be cool in blue/yellow but the goat head will always have my vote.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Switch the Sword logo/Goathead logo on the blue and its fine by me. I want some meat to the main logo which I will get with the Goathead one.
Maybe fatten the yellow/gray stripes up a little more.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I think third jerseys should be over the top like college football jerseys. It's a special occasion jersey, only gets pulled out a couple times a year, make it something dramatically different from the regular unis. Loved the Buffalo thirds, like the idea of the current thirds but execution is poor. I'd like to see a Euro third or something crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce