Confirmed with Link: Third Jersey - Revealed! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Would you wear this in public???

They're not bad on the ice when you see it from far away but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing.

I would not wear one, but the entire uniform doesn't look bad. Its not good either, I like a more simple approach, but its not as bad as I thought they would look. I can live with them.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
Would you wear this in public???

They're not bad on the ice when you see it from far away but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that thing.

Sure why not? I don't care what other people think about it. In fact I'd be more likely to wear it over my home blue jersey since it's more unique. Maybe soon to be a collectors item :naughty:

I liked those ones a lot relative to every other non-classic jersey the organization has ever produced. They gave me hope for these new ones, and then they crushed that hope mercilessly.

This jersey reminds me of the slug jerseys. It seems like it was done by some design student rather than a professional. What's with this organization and adding superfluous grey to jerseys? The concept is silly but it could have came together into a respectable jersey. I wish they would have made a good yellow/gold jersey, because that's what their alternate should be.

On the bright side, it looks better on the ice than it did elsewhere.

The only problem with the slug jersey IMO was the slug logo itself. The rest of th jersey looked pretty good, and mondern. A better logo and it would have been a fine jersey. And they had gray on them as well.

They make me think of what a cheap knock off might come out like if the manufacturer received very few details about what the jersey should look like. They also remind me of a set of toddler pajamas with the slug that my wife bought from the Sabres store when my kids were little.

Well yeah, they don't look the what the sabres jerseys should look like, because they've only been worn for a game and they're really different. It takes a little more time for the branding to really connect. Doesn't mean people will ever like them if they don't now.

When I first started watching the sabres they were wearing the red and blacks and that is what I knew the sabres as. I didn't like the blue and gold at all when the slug jersey came about and the sloug itself made it the worst. I didn't have a problem with the goat head and I really liked the butter knives. Now looking back at the slug jerseys, now that I'm used to the sabres being blue and gold again, I now prefer the slug jerseys to the goat heads, but the current home/aways are definitely my favorite. I never wanted anything with the slug on it, but when the introduced the current hom as the 3rd, I wanted that jersey.

Well I never wanted the previous vintage look 3rd, but I'd wear this one. Not in any big rush to buy it but I'd be more willing to than the last 3rd. Just my opinion tho.

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
The 3rd jerseys we have now are probably my new favorite for this team. I don't like the oldschool stripes all over the place with our color schemes (mainly the ugly yellow stripes) but hey to each their own. lol

Danleary

Jan 19, 2010
I took the unis from the sabres wikipedia and inverted the colors, if anyone is curious what a classic style gold might look like. I did a home and away cause I couldn't figure out which one looked better

e1ee06c8-7fa6-46d9-9b9d-253a5eb5c811_zps3ea45b07.jpg

Karate Johnson*

Thank god.

Those ridiculous jerseys were appropriate when The Darcy and Ron Clown Show was still in town, but they packed up the giant shoes and cream pies into their tiny car and moved on.

We have a brave warrior coaching, and Pat "Pure Class" LaFontaine running the show.... No more silly gimmicks.

Bring me a third jersey that embodies the new regime.... Not that silliness.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
I have two guesses why they didn't wear the 3rd Jersey tonight:

1. Pegula sick of Milbury trashing his team
2. The CEO of NBCSN call Gary Bettman. Gary Bettman had Daly call Lafontaine saying can't wear that crap on national TV. You are scaring our sponsors!

Edit:

PS I like the 3rds

Karate Johnson*

The truth is they probably sold like 50 of them and realized everyone hates them so there is no point in continuing.

Everyone knows they are gonna change it again anyway.... Who's gonna spend $150 on an ugly two-tone sweater that will be obsolete in 2 years.....?

You gonna keep it for nostalgia? "Oh yes son, this was the Sabres third jersey they revealed piece by piece over the summer prior to the ********* season in Sabres history. And someday it will be yours!"

That's a real winner.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
The truth is they probably sold out and realized there is no point in continuing. :sarcasm:

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Or knowing that this will be Millers last home game, they wanted him to dress in the more traditional jersey as a lasting visual memory. Because the scoreboard won't be a lasting memory.

:laugh:

Karate Johnson*

Or knowing that this will be Millers last home game, they wanted him to dress in the more traditional jersey as a lasting visual memory. Because the scoreboard won't be a lasting memory.

:laugh:

Nice.

Although that is not that crazy an idea.

Obviously they could all know something we don't.... Miller could have asked not to look like a circus clown in his finale in Buffalo.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011

I would take this "outside of the box" alternate jersey design over what they came out with.

Yeah, I wouldn't. The white/yellow contrast is very visually unappealing, and the swords by themselves have never been my favorite.

I think a very simple thing would've been blue shoulders and an otherwise gold jersey with the current logo. Keep it simple. I'm not violently opposed to the current third, though, I appreciate that you swing and miss on thirds sometimes (some elements from the last time they swung seem to have hit, in terms of numbers on the front, etc.). I'd like to see them do another gold jersey because I think it can be bold and beautiful, just maybe make it a little cleaner.

ZeroPT*

Better than the current abominations .... But not by much.

I could dump a plain white shirt into a lagoon of radioactive Lizard vomit and it'd be better than the current thirds.

Heck there are probably some actual turds that look nicer.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
Those aren't as wretched as our current thirds, but the gold/white separation is kinda gimmicky. I like the idea of large swords on the front though.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
eeek, no thanks. Gold/Yellow just doesn't work as a base color/primary color in a jersey. Marginally better than the current 3rds, but not by much.

i would say it's better than the current 3rd simply because it doesn't have the same stupidity... but the Yellow base just doesn't work...

I think nearly the same design, but swap the blue and yellow.... and make the yellow more gold....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad