Rumor: Things Not Left Unsaid 2, More Flyers Rumors & Media Mentions: Say It Like You Mean It

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Who knows for sure but when you switch to a Brisson who’s the top agent/agency in the league you either have an upcoming contract you’re trying to cash out on or you’re looking to explore trade options. The first one is obviously out of question here. The second one possibly?
Any Couts trade is gonna be very ugly for us. Imagine they would pay someone to take him and then turn around to trade for Kotkaniemi.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
That contract is immovable. It was the second the ink dried. Then the injury… then Torts tanked any bit of value he might have had. They would have to retain 50% to get anyone to even consider it, and that’s a lot of dead cap space for a long ass time.

The Flyers will do anything to to get malcontents out. This will turn out very badly and be spun as a positive to fix the already fixed lockerroom

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Sean Couturier had a 13 year NHL career without a single hint of issues with management until he played his first season for Torts.
I recall that he did kind of bury Craig Berube on breakup day.

But if I was put on the 4th line, saddled with Zac Rinaldo, buried in zone starts, and criticized for not providing offense, I wouldn't call that a player having an issue with management, I would call it pointing out objective stupidity and making sure everyone knew about it - which is exactly what he did.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I recall that he did kind of bury Craig Berube on breakup day.

But if I was put on the 4th line, saddled with Zac Rinaldo, buried in zone starts, and criticized for not providing offense, I wouldn't call that a player having an issue with management, I would call it pointing out objective stupidity and making sure everyone knew about it - which is exactly what he did.

Couts buried him when he was gone. This is with Torts still here.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That contract is immovable. It was the second the ink dried. Then the injury… then Torts tanked any bit of value he might have had. They would have to retain 50% to get anyone to even consider it, and that’s a lot of dead cap space for a long ass time.
Torts has nothing to do with the value being down. There's lots of things to complain about with this organization, but Torts hurting Coots trade value is not one of them. He signed a massive contract and then had a massive injury. Those two things tanked his value. He was NEVER getting traded this year and really only would have been tradeable if he basically lit it up. Even then though if he scored at PPG this year and won the Selke, what team is going to trade anything of value for an over 30 player with a bad injury history making over $7 million for a thousand years? The answer to that is none. Even at 50% retained with a PPG season and another Selke I don't think he'd garner much because of the length, age, and injury history.

Reactions: renberg

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Didn't torch call out Coots agent for being a dufus during his end of year presser/sermon on the mount

Reactions: BernieParent

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad