Dreger: Things heating up with jack eichel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
No need to make things up. I am having too much fun, watching fans of teams who have been rebuffed by the Sabres, twist themselves into knots trying to explain why the Sabres HAVE to trade a player with 6 yrs on his deal asap.

Isles have $5m+ in cap space. Putting Boychuk on LTIR will give them another $6m.
they need to give raises to Sorokin,Pelech and Beau. They also have to pay Greene his $2m bonus.
Would be a cool trick if they could do all that, while adding a high end piece like Eichel during a flat cap era.sheesh.

Lol no I think you're just desperately trying to argue why the Sabres are in the driver's seat and will grasp onto any straw, regardless of logic, rather than just admit you're wrong. It'd kinda sad and weird but you do you.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
To me, eichel makes the absolute most sense on a team like the wild, but if the rangers get him then theres no excuses if they miss the playoffs.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
LeBrun and Elliot Friedman list LA, Minn,NYR,Columbus and Anaheim among the bidders.

Spending $10m on 1 player limits the number of teams in the mix.

And is anyone surprised by GMs posturing? "No, we aren't interested. Yeah,we made an offer,but we are glad Buffalo said no."

That has happened in the past. I think their were only 2 teams in on Kessel when he was available (when Toronto traded him).

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Eichel to the isles would be like the lafontaine trade for turgeon. Is it worth the risk now?

Isles lack the high end skill to get past TB. I would swap Lee and his $7m for Eichel without a second thought. Money doesn't match up and I doubt Lee waives his NTC for Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad