Prospect Info: They Don't Want To Hear It: BROCK MCGINN IS ELITE

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
It's funny to think about how McGinn had a pretty rough start to the year. He wasn't very good at all. He started to turn it on a bit when the rest of the team did in January, and it culminated with a great effort last night. It's great to see. Hope he keeps it rocking for 3 more rounds.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I have been hoping the Canes can get to the point where the lines aren't about numbers so much as about role:
I see next season something like this.
Scoring line: NN/Aho/Williams
Secondary scoring line: Svechnikov/Staal/TT
All purpose line: McGinn/Wallmark/Necas
Disruption line: Foegele/Martinook/Maenalanen

Having all the forwards get similar amounts of even-strength minutes would be ideal.

No to Martinook at Center. Also, McGinn would tear down Wallmark and Necas. Again. He's a good player but McGinn is very limited offensively. He was fine in that particular situation (game 7) but don't forget him and Martinook held Svechnikov scoreless for almost two entire games but it only took Svechnikov a couple of shifts to score alongside Wallmark.

Celebrating McGinn is fine after his game 7 but don't make him more than he is. He's not a scoring winger and will never be.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
No to Martinook at Center. Also, McGinn would tear down Wallmark and Necas. Again. He's a good player but McGinn is very limited offensively. He was fine in that particular situation (game 7) but don't forget him and Martinook held Svechnikov scoreless for almost two entire games but it only took Svechnikov a couple of shifts to score alongside Wallmark.

Celebrating McGinn is fine after his game 7 but don't make him more than he is. He's not a scoring winger and will never be.

I think you are selling him low, i always thought he's an important piece on the ice and in the dressing room too.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
jeebus Hinterland........always pissing on people's parades. you have absolutely no ability to have any kind of emotion other than "i know what you said is how you feel, but here is how you are wrong", do you? Even if your opinion is "right"......I think you miss the point.

Well...not sure if that's what I "always" do but thinking about it now you're probably right that I missed the point:surrender
Won't change my opinion of course but regret that I posted it here. Also want to repeat that I like him as a player. Definitely always brining good energy and intensity.

Reactions: Tryamw

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Hello my fellow Caniacs -

I have arrived to inform you that tonight is an elimination game. "What does that mean?", you ask. It means it's Brock McGinn's time to shine!!!

:yo: :yo:FIRE IT UP!!! :yo: :yo:

61pE4BjJwvL._SY355_.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad