Prospect Info: They Don't Want To Hear It: BROCK MCGINN IS ELITE

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
Is Brock McGinn Elite?

Seems like the powers that be wouldn't let the legend sleep. So he had to open the crag of eliteness.

BROCK MCGINN LADIES AND GENTLEMEN (AND CAPS FANS)

Not only did he score an assist in the 2nd period, he also saved the game with the most gnarly grindy play you've ever seen diving through the crease to prevent a goal late in the 3rd.

That's where the thread ended but the legend began to unfold...

Fast forward to halfway through double overtime and just let this unfold...

Brock McGinn is ELITE. f*** the haters, f*** the Islanders. This is Brock's town now.

FULLY ON THE CANES BANDWAGON LETS GO!

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City
QUY9I8P.gif

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Why aren't more people in here getting pumped the **** up????????

I heard the Canes board was lit and that's why I'm here.

I also heard you guys like to celebrate wins and you're a bunch of jerks.

I'm down for all of this.

We have a 1,700 post thread dedicated to all the things you’ve described. On this very same board in fact!

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Why aren't more people in here getting pumped the **** up????????

I heard the Canes board was lit and that's why I'm here.

I also heard you guys like to celebrate wins and you're a bunch of jerks.

I'm down for all of this.
Personally I’m coming down off an insane adrenaline high. I’m totally exhausted but somehow still wired and can’t fall asleep.

It’s a very strange feeling. Luckily I don’t have to be at work until 11:00 tomorrow.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Elite 4th liner, yes. I'll happily admit that Rod obviously wasn't wrong to play him in a top6 role lately. Doesn't mean that he's top6 material though and I also don't think he's particularly useful on the PK.
I hope this doesn't turn into a Melker Karlsson situation though where a player keeps on getting played too high up in the linep just because of some playoff heroics. McGinn should be back on the 4th line to start the Isles series.

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Season 1 of Bunch of Jerks: "The Caps defend no more" saw all of Foegele, TVR, and McGinn play the starring role.
Season 2 of Bunch of Jerks: "The Isles succumb to the Storm Surge" starring Wallmark, Martinook, and You-Talking-to-Me Maenalanen opens tomorrow.

mhart1

Maniac Caniac
Oct 8, 2013
Pori
Elite 4th liner, yes. I'll happily admit that Rod obviously wasn't wrong to play him in a top6 role lately. Doesn't mean that he's top6 material though and I also don't think he's particularly useful on the PK.
I hope this doesn't turn into a Melker Karlsson situation though where a player keeps on getting played too high up in the linep just because of some playoff heroics. McGinn should be back on the 4th line to start the Isles series.
3rd liner.

And he actually is legit penalty killer. Always puts his body on line and does right things. He is proper grinder.

I have always loved him, and honestly was the right man to score the OT winner.

Conrad McBenis

Bow Down
Jan 10, 2018
When the Canes win the Cup, everyone will look back at the heroics of last night. Without Brock McGinn that game doesn't even make it to OT. Without Brock McGinn that game doesn't end in 2OT and who knows what happens.

This man single handedly kept the CANE TRAIN moving full steam ahead!!!

Nothing stopping us now!!!

#E
#L
#I
#T
#E

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
3rd liner.
I have been hoping the Canes can get to the point where the lines aren't about numbers so much as about role:
I see next season something like this.
Scoring line: NN/Aho/Williams
Secondary scoring line: Svechnikov/Staal/TT
All purpose line: McGinn/Wallmark/Necas
Disruption line: Foegele/Martinook/Maenalanen

Having all the forwards get similar amounts of even-strength minutes would be ideal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad