Therrien - The Offseason Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
You seem well connected, from a spiritual standpoint. Can't you get St-Peter or the appropriate patron saint of hockey fans to intervene? A non-fatal but career-ending heart attack would do.

I talked with St. Peter last night and he said "he is out" with trying to help the Habs anymore. It has to be some kind of angelic street slang for disassociation.

I know he's not an angel, but he talks with them all the time.

LMFAO

Last edited:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
#FireTherrien

#FireTherrien

Interesting read. I really agree with this.

For starters, Subban is at his best when he has the puck. Whether that's to create space with his body or his skating, or whether it's to make a pass almost no one else in the league could make, the last thing you want Subban doing habitually is just dumping the puck to empty space, he isn't Douglas Murray, where that's the only option.

Yet, Michel Therrien's system demands this approach, forcing Subban to play not only inefficiently, but against his own instincts. The nature of Therrien's system is to habitually clear the puck as quickly as possible, and unless a player is given a surprising amount of time and space by their opponent, this will lead to dumping the puck out more often than not.

For an unskilled player, this approach may lead to fewer high end mistakes, but for a player like Subban, it limits his greatness to merely good, and it has to change.

MT's dump and chase system really sucks the creativity out of his skilled players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad