Therrien tells the ref off (gif) <3

Jakomyte

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I enjoyed watching that moment live. I'm also pretty sure that he's telling off a linesman in that .gif, because he only wants to talk to the ref that made the call. I'm also pretty sure he then tells that ref to ******* off. We need that .gif too! :laugh:

bigtimehockeyfan999*

The gif you were all asking and waiting for:
i0nu.gif

looks like a good idea for a no excuses if somebody who has the know how would like to proceed with it.../ a pick of a reff in front of the penalty box with the caption "brandon prust 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike" than a freezeframe of therrien waving his arm away "no excuses"

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
I enjoyed watching that moment live. I'm also pretty sure that he's telling off a linesman in that .gif, because he only wants to talk to the ref that made the call. I'm also pretty sure he then tells that ref to ******* off. We need that .gif too! :laugh:

You are correct he did not tell the ref to **** off, he told the linesman to **** off cause he wanted a ref to come over

BobbyFischer*

Honestly, IMO he said that because the penalty was B.S and he knew it and didn't wanna hear their stupid explanations.

No?????

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
2002 memory refresh pl0x?

we were clown pounding the Hurricanes 3-0 in the 3rd in game 4 while up 2-1 in the series, Theodore was a total wall, and then we took a penalty, and instead of letting us kill it, Therrien rips into Kerry Fraser, and picks up an unsportsmanlike and puts us down 2 men, allowing Carolina to score. Even with the two goal lead you could visibly see the veterans lose faith in their coach, and even the much respected Gilmour had visibly quit on his coach.

bigtimehockeyfan999*

we were clown pounding the Hurricanes 3-0 in the 3rd in game 4 while up 2-1 in the series, Theodore was a total wall, and then we took a penalty, and instead of letting us kill it, Therrien rips into Kerry Fraser, and picks up an unsportsmanlike and puts us down 2 men, allowing Carolina to score. Even with the two goal lead you could visibly see the veterans lose faith in their coach, and even the much respected Gilmour had visibly quit on his coach.

well..i think he's doing a goos job this time around. we need flare behind the bench

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal

Its seriously been 5 games. I'm sure you could find 5 games from Cunneyworth that were good. Might be difficult, but I'm sure it happened.

You sure as hell won't find five back to back games where Cunneyworth coached well...

I also think that you can't judge a man 11 years later and completely ignore what happened in between. So far he has been great and until he starts coaching like crap, if he ever does, we should happy about it.

I don't get it that a lot of fans just dismiss him, sure it's been 5 games, but don't you like what you see? Aren't you happy that for once we have a coach that is able to deal with young talent? Or, maybe, you could be happy at the fact that our coach shows passion and emotion instead of just writing on his notepad without saying **** to his players? Maybe, just maybe, you could be happy that the Habs play a system that'S entertaining and works?

Anyway, so far, so good and I am VERY happy about this change, not just the coach, the entire mentality of this team.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
You sure as hell won't find five back to back games where Cunneyworth coached well...

You certainly won't if you don't want to, but just glancing back there was a 4 game win streak last February which included a shootout win against the Penguins and two shutouts, and a 6 game streak in March where the Habs were undefeated in regulation including a convincing win against Vancouver and a tight home-and-home with Ottawa, so I think everyone should recognize your exaggeration for what it is.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
I also think that you can't judge a man 11 years later and completely ignore what happened in between.

I think what happened in between is even more telling. He took a team with Crosby and Malkin to 11th place and got fired, and did not receive any consideration from another NHL team for years until a rookie GM took over a team who made it clear that only French coaches were permitted to be considered for the job.

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
You certainly won't if you don't want to, but just glancing back there was a 4 game win streak last February which included a shootout win against the Penguins and two shutouts, and a 6 game streak in March where the Habs were undefeated in regulation including a convincing win against Vancouver and a tight home-and-home with Ottawa, so I think everyone should recognize your exaggeration for what it is.

Exaggeration, maybe... but it isn't a gross exaggeration. Cunneyworth was deadweight as a coach and that 6 game streak where we were undefeated in regulation" contains 3 losses, it's not exactly great.

FWIW I think the team was coaching itself under Cunneyworth, it didn't seem like anyone was on the same page.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
Exaggeration, maybe... but it isn't a gross exaggeration. Cunneyworth was deadweight as a coach and that 6 game streak where we were undefeated in regulation" contains 3 losses, it's not exactly great.

FWIW I think the team was coaching itself under Cunneyworth, it didn't seem like anyone was on the same page.

It was a far cry from the heavily structured team we saw under Martin. I do think that Cunneyworth was in way over his head, and as a result no matter what Therrien does as coach he will compare favorably to Cunneyworth.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad