Friedman: "There's going to be a team that comes out of there that we're not seeing right now that is going to be in on Kadri. Washington".

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Not surprised at all. Still think Colorado find ls a way but the pieces haven't fallen yet ...Johnny G , Malkin etc.

Expect Pittsburgh and calagry to find replacements if needed

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
As an Avs fan I hope Kadri gets paid to high hell. And I'm praying it's not the Avs that do it.

I was thrilled with him in his three years in Colorado and he was a big part in helping us get our third cup, but that fool is about to turn 32 and the regression is going to hit sooner than later. Whoever gives him 8+ with term is a moron and they deserve what they're about to get in a few years.

Please god don't let that moron be Joe Sakic.

Reactions: Patagonia

franste Perreault

Dec 2, 2021
I hope if Colorado don't resign him around @ 7M per year 3 years they need to trade his right at the draft.
Example to Washington for a 2022 5th round pick and a 1st 2023 conditional if Kadri signed in Washington and Washington pass the second round in 2023 playoffs.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
I hope if Colorado don't resign him around @ 7M per year 3 years they need to trade his right at the draft.
Example to Washington for a 2022 5th round pick and a 1st 2023 conditional if Kadri signed in Washington and Washington pass the second round in 2023 playoffs.
For a UFA? 😂 Might as well throw assets at Miller if we're trading away a 1st round pick.

Reactions: Kalopsia and um

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Washington finds themselves in no man’s land. The roster is aging quickly but they’ve made commitments that prevent a rebuild or restart. So it probably makes sense that they’ll give term to Kadri that will saddle them later but will keep them as a playoff team for now.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

Caps might offer the 5th round pick to add an extra year in lowering the cap hit. No chance a 1st would be included in the deal.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Washington finds themselves in no man’s land. The roster is aging quickly but they’ve made commitments that prevent a rebuild or restart. So it probably makes sense that they’ll give term to Kadri that will saddle them later but will keep them as a playoff team for now.

The roster is getting older but it's still very competitive. You want to pay those guys until they can't anymore.

GRob83

Feb 3, 2010
This seems like a major overreaction if the Capitals sign him. Keeping in mind that Backstrom missed 35 games, Oshie missed 38, Mantha missed 45 and Snively only played 12 games. That's an entire 2nd line they didn't have for half the year. I'm all about signing a versatile depth center but they'll probably not fall off too badly by using any combination of McMichael/Protas/Eller/Lapierre in the middle 6 center spots if they get close to a full season from Oshie and Mantha. Obviously Wilson is gonna miss the beginning of the year but they signed Brett Leason to a 1-way contract and he's a big boy who projects as a power forward who can chip in some goals.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
why would anyone pay that much for a UFA?

If you wanted a return for Kadri that ship has sailed... to a cup.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
If Kadri gets 10m I can’t help but be happy for him, that would be a painfully bad move by whatever GM that is though.
Career yr on a cup fav./true contender +1 cup ring aside, as Armchair GM, I value Kadri b/w $6-7 * 4-5y max. (I realize many GM's would gladly pay him way more & for longer, just hope it's not Yzerman). So $24-$35m range. Any AAV/term beyond the aforementioned & teams will start to regret it by end of yr2, or sometime in yr. 3

another posted mentioned Nick Kypreos: "$10m*7y from SEA & BOS" ...I hope SEA pays him that much lol, screw Ronny Franchise (great career as a player though).

As a Wings fan, selfishly I'd want BOS to pay him that much, that's an albatross if I've ever seen one. 4-5yrs of albatross + 2-3 of decent/good/market value.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
How can we not see it when you told us who it was?

I’m going to have a surprise dinner tomorrow. Lasagna
So last week, I really wanted lasagna and I had everything except ricotta, but I was too lazy to go to the store. So I googled something like "bechamel vs ricotta lasagna“ and I got this mommy blog that felt the need to point out that bechamel isn't alfredo, which I thought was a stupid thing to point out. So I used alfredo sauce out of spite and it was the best lasagna ever. So that can be the surprise if you like

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I legitimately believe this. They are desperate for a flashy move after last years boondoggle.
Confirmation came this day, today. Nazem's starting price will be 8milj and totally is going up to the 10 million as (I) stated in this thread earlier and linked the proof link. Boston and Seattle are the runners and willing to pay that price. But even the starting price for kadri has been 8 million per. So yeah.

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
I'm assuming this is something Friedman said, because I can just hear him saying it. The guy looks like a used car salesman and speaks like a talk-show host.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I'm assuming this is something Friedman said, because I can just hear him saying it. The guy looks like a used car salesman and speaks like a talk-show host.
No this was kypreos, nick breaking it yesterday the boston and seattle 10 million thing and multiple sources and articles in the internet confirmed it today. Even the starting price of kadri was confirmed today and its the 8 million barrier.

Reactions: The Management

The Management

Jun 8, 2009
No this was kypreos, nick breaking it yesterday the boston and seattle 10 million thing abd multiple sources abd articles in the internet confirmed it today. Even the starting price of kadri was confirmed today and its the 8 million barrier.

Thanks boss, I was mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad