Friedman: "There's going to be a team that comes out of there that we're not seeing right now that is going to be in on Kadri. Washington".

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
Would that put Washington in a weird spot financially if Backstrom was able to play to collect his checks?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
What’s the typical time frame for the thing Backstrom had done? They make is sound like it could end him.. if he were to come back could it conceivably (ie without conspiracy) have him back after the playoffs start? I assume? I mean, go for it

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
I don’t think this can possibly be a shocker to anyone at this point. The only thing left at this juncture is to see if Backstrom “actually and factually” retires. I hope for the best but his convalescence is going to take, at a minimum, the 2022-2023 season. Kadri, JT Miller, the Caps are interested in any serviceable 1a/b center that’s relatively young and established. It’s not rocket science. Oh and they’ll have a truckload of money to pay them too. It’ll either go great or horrible, I’m kinda afraid to watch.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
What’s the typical time frame for the thing Backstrom had done? They make is sound like it could end him.. if he were to come back could it conceivably (ie without conspiracy) have him back after the playoffs start? I assume? I mean, go for it
Honestly, kind of never. It's been a career killer for the most part. Jovanaski had it done, managed like 35 games afterward and that was kind of considered a success I think

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Yeah I suppose it makes sense if they are absolutely certain Backstrom won't return. Kuzy-Kadri-Eller is a strong center group for sure.

Ovi - Kadri - Wilson

The wrecking ball line

That would be fun, and it frees Kuznetsov up to drive his own line with Mantha and Oshie.

Reactions: Thechozen1

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Honestly, kind of never. It's been a career killer for the most part. Jovanaski had it done, managed like 35 games afterward and that was kind of considered a success I think
To put it lightly - Kesler got it done and never played again and Sillinger literally got it done so he could live pain free in retirement.

Backstrom could come back but honestly at 34-35 he could collect insurance money for his contract and go live his life.

Reactions: Forge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad