GDT: There's a game.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
And another thing, Ron, if you're listening. Don't believe the fool's gold that is the late run we've gone on.

Yep, in all honesty it actually pisses me off hearing Mike rail on about the late-season run that Calgary had last year as if that's at all relevant to us. It's not. Let me know when the Metro becomes 7 teams, dropping Pittsburgh and the Isles for Ottawa and drops Columbus and Philly for Toronto and Buffalo. Because that would be the equivalent of the ****show division that is the Pacific right now.

Pretty easy to be optimistic when you're in the same division as Arizona and Edmonton making what's in theory a 7 team race for 3 guaranteed playoff spots at 5 team race, with only 1 team that's in the leagues top 10 teams. There is no such luxury in the Metro... or anywhere else in the league for that matter. It's why the current setup is complete and total ****.

Zezima

Jul 28, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yep, in all honesty it actually pisses me off hearing Mike rail on about the late-season run that Calgary had last year as if that's at all relevant to us. It's not. Let me know when the Metro becomes 7 teams, dropping Pittsburgh and the Isles for Ottawa and drops Columbus and Philly for Toronto and Buffalo. Because that would be the equivalent of the ****show division that is the Pacific right now.

Pretty easy to be optimistic when you're in the same division as Arizona and Edmonton making what's in theory a 7 team race for 3 guaranteed playoff spots at 5 team race, with only 1 team that's in the leagues top 10 teams. There is no such luxury in the Metro... or anywhere else in the league for that matter. It's why the current setup is complete and total ****.

Agreed. Another debunk of the Calgary similarity is that we've gone on late season runs in the past with no playoff results. Maybe not to the same extent of success as Calgary, but we're always a better team the second half of the season than we are the first. You could call it the Eric Staal effect. [someone challenge this with stats]

There is no more reason to believe we're "finding our groove" now than there is for last season, or the year before last. For a budget team like the Canes to win, total team contribution is necessary. Your stars have star-like stat totals, and everyone else needs to follow suit. I have no idea what our defense will look like next season but I hope to god it has more than two actual NHL players. These are concerns that have to be addressed here that aren't similar to Calgary.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
wtf we had a game yesterday??
Yes.

CBSQPduUgAA-xmD.jpg:large

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad