Half-Assed GDT: Theres a game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleK81

It's always something with these pricks.
Sep 10, 2010
PETRO SUCKS
Yeah, I'm not even paying attention to the schedule anymore. I didn't realize there was a game and I didn't know who we were playing.

It feels really weird and kinda nice.
I used to be really irritated that since I work nights I can only listen to the game here or there. Over the last couple of weeks I don't even bother to tune in, and usually have to look up if we've played recently.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I've got $25 to win $32 on Jets -1.5

Feels like free money. I may throw down more! We're beat to heck and terrible and on the road against a team that can score a lot.

Jets 5, Blues 2

On the contrary, I'm starting Jake Allen in fantasy. Currently in first place in the league. Is there any way to construe these two truths into positive advanced stats for Allen?

Reactions: Bendak

Stupendous Yappi

Any famous last words? Not yet!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I'm not quite sure to root for wins or losses at this point. And for other teams, I'm not sure if 3 point games are good or bad. So I've decided to root for wins, and not feel bad when they lose. I just don't want to watch shut-outs where the Blues are totally inept. I'd at least like to see some great plays to get excited about from our guys.

I have little confidence in tonight's game, but wouldn't be shocked if they win either. I'll probably watch women's volleyball Sweet 16 matches instead tonight (totally not joking).

Reactions: Bendak and jura

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Remember tonight boys, gonna be the BIG win that turns our season around!!!

Jk lol.

LBG tho! Hope we get an entertaining game at least.

The other thread was locked but I wanted to reply to you about saying that even if the team did turtle you can't really blame the coach. I believe the turtle is 100% on the coach. He has either instructed them to play that way or he allows them to keep getting ice time when they refuse to play the style he wants. So either way its on the coach. That's just my opinion.

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
The other thread was locked but I wanted to reply to you about saying that even if the team did turtle you can't really blame the coach. I believe the turtle is 100% on the coach. He has either instructed them to play that way or he allows them to keep getting ice time when they refuse to play the style he wants. So either way its on the coach. That's just my opinion.
Good point... but it can't be 100% on the coach unless he is the one turtling on the ice (he's not). It could have a lot to do with the coach tho (which I agree with)

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
Remember tonight boys, gonna be the BIG win that turns our season around!!!

Jk lol.

LBG tho! Hope we get an entertaining game at least.

disagree with the bolded. I think you're right about the BIG win. Just gotta play like a pesky playoff spoiler team.

Still think Barbashev deserves an opportunity on a higher line.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
FYI we are testing out a new forum feature called Live Threads. New posts will continuously pop in like a constant feed so you can follow along without refreshing.

If you'd like to try it, join the usergroup here:
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/account/join-user-groups

It will only affect a few specific threads at this time like this GDT.

Let @SniperHF know if you run into any problems with it.

blueper

Mar 29, 2012
Still think Barbashev deserves an opportunity on a higher line.

Yep. I think Barbeshev should play left wing in a top 6 role tonight. Thomas goes to 3 or 4C.
Maroon gets benched and Kyrou plays RW on the 3rd line just to get more NHL action.
Our 4 LWs tonight are way below par .... Sanford, Steen, Maroon, Nolan ... snooze.

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
After the fifth Jet's goal; I predict Bendak will break down and consume mass quanities of chocolate gooey butter cake.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
8th of December and my team is folding... This is brutal season. :surrender

Wonder what players think about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad