Half-Assed GDT: Theres a game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
didnt watch the game, was jake play insane and steal the win or did the team play a good game infront of him and limit chances?
I didn't watch either. I'm guessing the whole team showed up, but it's way too late.

Reactions: Bendak

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
The highlight for me was the Wakey Backes game where Tarasenko tied it up with seconds left, then Jackman got the OT winner. The Blues were up 2-0 on Chicago and I just knew this year was going to be different. That arena was so incredibly loud when that score tied up.

But I remember Columbus was down one goal and it was so loud the players just milled around the last half minute, with zero danger of scoring. It was too loud to think (and Columbus had qualified for their first ever post-season just a couple days before).
I was also there for the Steen 3OT winner which was pretty awesome. Still, after following the team through their lowest point, clinching the playoffs was such a big deal at that point and time.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
I think the obvious thing to do is to sell Petro to the highest bidder after the shutout tonight.

jura

booze & blues
Mar 29, 2012
Zagreb, Croatia
Is it me or does Perron take one dumb penalty per game?
lWfUlcB.jpg

STL BLUES

Youth Movement
Oct 22, 2013
Up-Nort
I think the obvious thing to do is to sell Petro to the highest bidder after the shutout tonight.

I totally agree with you. Should get a decent return. And I would add Terasanko to our list of tradables. He looked like he reinjured his shoulder the other night. If that's the case his value will start to plumit especially IF it totally seperates at some point this season. He plays like his shoulder concerns him.

I have no problem moving one of these. Tarasenko's NTC and shoulder could play into whether this is even possible.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
We'll all be kicking ourselves in the ass when he steals our top 10 protected pick in this year's draft.

This is Jake getting revenge on all the Blues fans who've been bashing him nonstop.

didnt watch the game, was jake play insane and steal the win or did the team play a good game infront of him and limit chances?

I'd say a combination of both. The team played with good urgency on defense, blocking shots, keeping pressure on Laine and their snipers. The Jets didn't have a single shot on goal in the third until 6-7 minutes left in the game. We killed what, 6 penalties? I'd say our total team effort was really strong, and Jake stood tall when he needed to. It was one of those games where it's almost as if he decided not to allow a goal. But I saw a lot more hustle last night in general from a lot of guys, namely Barby, Sundqvist, the D group, even Maroon looked to have a bit extra giddy up.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
I'd like to see Sanford up in the box for a game or two. He's been a bit indecisive and making bad decisions and could use a coach in his ear to look at the game from a different level. Maybe move Kyrou up in his spot to see how he does?

Reactions: Bendak and stl76

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
I'd like to see Sanford up in the box for a game or two. He's been a bit indecisive and making bad decisions and could use a coach in his ear to look at the game from a different level. Maybe move Kyrou up in his spot to see how he does?
Agreed Sanford would benefit from a night off. Not sold on Kyrou taking his spot tho, wish they would leave him in San Antonio to develop his game and confidence.

Maybe give Barbashev a bigger role. God knows he has worked hard for it.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Agreed Sanford would benefit from a night off. Not sold on Kyrou taking his spot tho, wish they would leave him in San Antonio to develop his game and confidence.

Maybe give Barbashev a bigger role. God knows he has worked hard for it.
My hesitation on moving Barbie up is that 4th line has really seemed to work well as of late. They seem to have some good mojo going between them. #71 might add a little bit of sandpaper on that line, we'll see how that works out.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Looks like Perron is the one scratched in practice today (skating with the extras). Kyrou in his spot next to O'Reilly. Maybe Berube is tired of his terrible penalties...

Speaking of O'Reilly:

This guy always has to get to practice early so he can inject the ice with cancer before the rest of the team joins smh.

Vladdy the Impaler

Moar Sobotka
Feb 20, 2015
The Lou
Looks like Perron is the one scratched in practice today (skating with the extras). Kyrou in his spot next to O'Reilly. Maybe Berube is tired of his terrible penalties...

Speaking of O'Reilly:

This guy always has to get to practice early so he can inject the ice with cancer before the rest of the team joins smh.

Honestly wouldn't be opposed to O Reilly being given the C next season if new coaching comes in and shakes things up in the locker room.

CoMoBlues

Aug 16, 2010
Columbus, OH

Speaking of O'Reilly:

Thanks for posting. The dude is such a pro. Certainly deserves a letter on this team, I don’t care which one.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Thanks for posting. The dude is such a pro. Certainly deserves a letter on this team, I don’t care which one.
They should change the font on the "C" so its more closed and looks like an "O" from a distance. He's the only player on the roster that's looked like an NHL talent every game this season. He plays with so much heart he reminds me of Gilmour when he was on the Blues. On a better team I think he'd be a Ross candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad