Half-Assed GDT: Theres a game tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
Allen

Does that make him wrong?
Yes, cause we need to fix the night 2 night effort level of this team before we even worry about Jake, or call him the biggest problem. We could have had any HOFamer in net this season and we would still be on the outside of the playoff picture.

Reactions: Bendak

ChillWill1

Nov 28, 2017
December 7, 2018 will be the day remembered in history when the Blues pulled themselves out of the cellar.

Until we get blasted by Vancouver on Sunday
Wouldn’t that be something? I remember that 08-09 season like it was yesterday. Dead last in January and Chris Mason & Company led us back to the playoffs that season. The Columbus game where we clinched was probably the loudest Blues game I ever been too. So electric !

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Nice shutout win for The Blues on the road in a very tough arena, I'm not sure if this win will help them in the long run. With The Blues' Curse, this win is likely to be the single win that puts them in the lottery position that ultimately ends them in the 11th, rather than 10th drafting position, and loses them their Top-10 protected 1st Round 2019 draft choice, in this top-heavy draft pool year, versus a weaker pool in 2020! :mad:

EastonBlues22

Nov 25, 2003
RIP Fugu ϶(°o°)ϵ
Yes, cause we need to fix the night 2 night effort level of this team before we even worry about Jake, or call him the biggest problem. We could have had any HOFamer in net this season and we would still be on the outside of the playoff picture.
Even if I agreed with your last statement, which I don't, he wasn't just talking about this season.

The team's specific struggles of this season didn't exist last season, when Jake quite arguably was the team's single biggest problem.

Reactions: Bendak and TK 421

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
How can we not even suck properly, jesus.

Verily, I knoweth of from whence thou comest! If they MUST screw things up winning JUST ENOUGH to lose their Top 10 protected draft choice this season,.......... do they HAVE to do it by beating my home town and 2nd favourite team??????? GRRRRRRRR!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :ha::ha::ha::ha::ha: 51 years of frustration going strong as ever! BOOOOOOOO!!!!

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
How can we not even suck properly, jesus.

The Penguins should be like our early warning system that gives us advance knowledge on when to suck. But we will probably **** that up and watch them draft another pair of franchise forwards in back to back years while we get the not-so- franchise somebody.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Wouldn’t that be something? I remember that 08-09 season like it was yesterday. Dead last in January and Chris Mason & Company led us back to the playoffs that season. The Columbus game where we clinched was probably the loudest Blues game I ever been too. So electric !
I was at that game. We chanted "we want play-offs" instead of "we want ta-cos". They interviewed Oshie after the game and he had tears in his eyes as everyone stayed around and kept cheering while they interviewed players.

trevorftw

Voice of Reason
Sep 7, 2009
Saint Louis
I was at that game. We chanted "we want play-offs" instead of "we want ta-cos". They interviewed Oshie after the game and he had tears in his eyes as everyone stayed around and kept cheering while they interviewed players.
I was there too! It might be the highlight of my time as a blues fan.

Itsnotatrap

Oct 6, 2013
On Friday’s we’re cup favorites. The other six days, we’re favorites for Jack Hughes. They play enough games on Friday that we will probably end up with the 11th pick.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I had tears in my eyes watching at home. It was an amazing accomplishment.

It was disappointing to be swept vs Vancouver, but it didn’t take away from my fondness for that team.

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I was there too! It might be the highlight of my time as a blues fan.
The highlight for me was the Wakey Backes game where Tarasenko tied it up with seconds left, then Jackman got the OT winner. The Blues were up 2-0 on Chicago and I just knew this year was going to be different. That arena was so incredibly loud when that score tied up.

But I remember Columbus was down one goal and it was so loud the players just milled around the last half minute, with zero danger of scoring. It was too loud to think (and Columbus had qualified for their first ever post-season just a couple days before).

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
didnt watch the game, was jake play insane and steal the win or did the team play a good game infront of him and limit chances?

LetsGoBooze

Buium or bust
Jan 16, 2012
didnt watch the game, was jake play insane and steal the win or did the team play a good game infront of him and limit chances?
Little of column A, and a little of column B. Our Offense didn't really show up, But the team played well defensively, Jake made some huge saves and we got a lucky bounce off a Parayko slapper.

hey we won a cup
Feb 16, 2017
St. Louis
I was at that game against Columbus too. And I can also confirm that that was one of the loudest, if not the loudest I’ve ever heard that building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad