There is always a the top picks that drops to the second round

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
Leafaholix said:
I've heard it a couple times that Vladislav Evseev was to go in the top 3, most likely #1 prior to that injury he suffered.

1 year before his draft, the Hockey News listed Evseev as a candiadte for #1.

That's quite different from saying he was "supposed to go #1" or that he was "a lock for #1"- which was he word/idea previously being disputed. And this was a full year before his draft, not one month like now.

Munchausen

mazmin said:
They would be able to unite the Radulov bros

Sorry to be blunt but who cares? I see people on these boards obsessed with seeing brothers reunited in the NHL (Hossa's last year, now the Radulov's) but frankly, what does this do for the organization? Aside from the thrill of having two brothers on the same team, maybe from a marketing perspective, is there really a valid hockey related reason for Chicago to want to downgrade to get Igor's brother? That while they lack some serious help at the blueline and could pick Cam Barker? Come on now, Chicago have some bad management, but that would be one bonehead and amateurish looking move from a hockey stand point.

Unknownbutfamous

Apr 11, 2004
mazmin said:
I predict Chicago trading down a few picks to get Radulov.

He won't go number three, four or five... so i'd say they're safe to trade down around the 6-9 pick.

I bet Chicago could get the #6 and #15 picks from the Rangers for their #3 and #32 picks.

They would be able to unite the Radulov bros and still have #15 to work with.

The Rangers wouldn't be too sore about losing #15 when the have #36 and #37 locked down on top of #3 overall.

I dont think the rangers have the 15 overall. I would do.....

Chicago: 48 overall and 6 overall
NYR: 3 Overall

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
Well last year 30 teams pass on O'Sullivan & i'm not talking about #1 to #30 but #26 to #55 !!!!

If we could have a look at the top 100 of every NHL scouting directory we would be so surprise that it's not as clearcut as we would like to see.

Many player could fall to 50 even if we feel that it's unlikely.

The best example is that if Edmonton got Schremp 11th on their list & when it comes to his pick (14th overall if I remember) & there's another one in their top 10 list, Schremp wont be pick by the Oilers.

Like some other GM will have Schremp 40th because they have a philosophy to go with the safest pick & could feel that Schremp is not a safe pick.

So many things going on during draft day.

What make Tampa Bay think that Matt Smaby was better than Petr Vrana & O'Sullivan ? Needs ? Size ? We will never know but we sure know that around here no one had Smaby before Vrana in their MOCK draft.

I strongly believe that everything is possible after Ovechkin - Malkin. From #3 to let's say #40 , I think we can mix easily any prospect depending on the preferences of a scouting team.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
If the Hawks picked Radulov, it would likely be to get something out of his highly unmotivated brother. Igor scored 5 goals in the last couple weeks of 2002-03 season, and everybody was thinking he's it. Apparently he did too, & spent last season in Norfolk with no callup when everybody else was making an appearance in Chicago. From the limited amount of news we've gotten, Alexander has a much more driven attitude. Perhaps we should take him & drop his brother.
Seriously, Olesz is likely our guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad