Post-Game Talk: There is a game tonight. 10EST at Yotes..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Mike Smith had an amazing game tonight. Didn't realize this was the yotes final home game. They had a little more incentive to win this game

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I guess that was the right thing to do -- give the Arizona fans something nice to cheer about.

Want a two-game winning streak going into the playoffs, somehow. Can't completely sleepwalk into it...

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Mike Smith had an amazing game tonight. Didn't realize this was the yotes final home game. They had a little more incentive to win this game

Ya his glove is quick. Really good passer as well. He can move the puck real nice.

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Guys never show up for Grubi.

well unfortunately most of his starts are the second game of a back to back, where most guys are gonna be a little tired, but yea your right

All of the skaters should go apologize to Gruby for that 3rd period. I get it. 2nd game of a back to back blah blah blah. As great as the CAPS played last night is how badly they played tonight.

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Not a great game tonight. I'm fine with just appreciating the fact that they are still healthy but I also can't stand the constant attempt to come up with an excuse why they lost the game. They lost the game because the other team was better in the 3rd period. Give the Coyotes credit and move on.

Joe Reekie

Mar 13, 2016
Northern Virginia
Halak'd and Post'd two games in a row. Whatever.

Yep. Better that it happens now when nothing is at stake -- not even Holtby's record (and it WILL happen - woot!). Can't say I'm that upset considering we just got blanked. President's trophy, home ice through the finals (fingers crossed) and still haven't lost 2 in regulation yet all season. We may make it through the end of the season with everyone healthy (again, knock on wood). Bad luck and hot goalies usually happen to the Caps in the playoffs and it has affected them mentally and they broke down. Even if it happens again I don't see it taking us off our game this time. Win or lose, we have a great team and a great coach and won't be broken mentally by anything in the playoffs.

OK who am I kidding? This sucks! We're doomed! We lost to Arizona... Goodbye cruel world!

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I guess we watched different games.

Williams and Kuz together had about 5 turnovers, including two below the dots in our end. Williams missed a couple good chances right in front. Kuz passed up a shot on yet another glorious opportunity, and Yotes brought it other way and scored. My guess is, Trotz didn't love the game from 2L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad