Thee GM's 2 Year GM Game v1.0 Signup and Discussion (Trading Re-Opens Monday @3:00)

Aug 11, 2012
:nhl

The Game Will Start On Tuesday, February the 11th. PM Me Your Top 3 Teams To Join

Thee GM’s GM Game v1.0
To join the game pm me your top 3 teams you want.You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time.
[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="League Schedule"]
  • Game Start: Tuesday, February the 11th
  • Trading Opens: 3:00 PM Est.
    [*]Trade Deadline No. 1: Tuesday, February the 18th @ 11:59 PM
    [*]Standings and Playoff Voting No. 1:
    [*]2014 Entry Draft:
    [*]Trading Re-Opeens: February 24th @ 3:00 PM est.
    [*]Free Agency:
    [*]Trade Deadline No. 2:
    [*]Standings Voting No. 2:
    [*]POSSIBLE 2015 Entry Draft:

All times are EST and are subject to change
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Salary Cap"]
  • $64,300,000M (First Season) - $71,000,000M (Second Season)
  • All teams MUST be under the cap by the end of trade deadline day
  • Use Armchair GM to calculate your Team's Cap. Set it to "Today" for First Season and 2014-15 for Second Season
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Waivers"]
  • If you'd like to place a player on waivers, post in this thread along with the player's contract information.
  • To save time and avoid confusion and complications, waivers will be "first come, first serve". Whoever puts in a claim first will get the player.
  • If you claim a player and he puts you over the cap, it will be vetoed and the said player will be put back on the waiver wire.
  • Teams will have 12 hours to claim a player off the wire before he clears.
  • GMs can only claim 3 players off waivers at a time (for example claiming 6 players at once will not count)
  • Once a player is placed on waivers, he cannot be taken out until he clears. Once he clears, you may send him through re-entry waivers if you wish, but keep in mind if someone puts in a claim you will have to pay half of the player's salary and cap hit.
  • If a player clears his cap hit will be off your cap
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Trades"]
  • Trades do not have to be sent in just post them in the thread. However the league does have the right to reject the league within 24 hours of it being posted.
  • When a deal is deemed too lopsided or one sided the deal will be put on hold. The GMs involved in the deal will be asked to revise it. After which the league will hold a meeting with the GMs involved and will approve or deny the change. The role of the league office is not to make the deal fair but to make it less one sided.
  • You must post a roster full of team info before being allowed to trade
  • You may not make any trades until you post your roster. Any deals made before will be put on hold and will not be official until your roster is posted
  • Keep in mind that any deal the League thinks is outrageous can and will be vetoed, so don't pull anything stupid.
  • If a deal is vetoed, you won't be able to make the exact deal again.
  • You may only retain a max of 50% of a player's cap
[/fieldset]

[FIELDSET="Agents"]

UFA Agent-
RFA Agent-

.[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Re-signings and signings"]
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's,
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeek. Try to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Any player not re-signed by 11:59 P.M. the day before free agency will enter free agency, and you will not have exclusive rights.
  • Just because you made the first, or highest, offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
[/fieldset]
[fieldset="RFA"]
  • Unqualified RFA’s will become free agents
  • Offersheet compensation will be decided at a later time
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Other Rules"]
  • Inactivity will not be accepted. If you have just one post in the thread one day before the deadline, you will be fired.
  • You MUST keep your roster and trading block updated
  • Posting in the thread doesn't necessarily mean you will get the job you wanted. Post the team you want and the job you want and I will determine who gets the jobs.
  • If it's proven that you have not kept your roster updated through out the game
  • Not keeping your roster updated is considered a sign of inactivity and if your roster is found to be significantly out of date then you will be fired .
  • If you are not active for longer then 36 hours without giving notice you will risk being fired
  • If a player is out for the season due to injury, he can't be added to your roster and won't count against your cap. If he's injured but not expected to be out for the rest of the season, he's in play and still counts.
  • If you have any questions regarding the game or how it works, feel free to ask me.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

CHANGES

This game will now have 2 seasons. Here is a layout of these seasons.

1ST SEASON

- Period of Trading
- Standings and Playoff Voting
- 2014 Draft

2ND SEASON

- Trading Re-Opens
- Resigning Period
- Free Agency
- Standings and Playoff Voting
- Possible 2015 Draft

Changes in OP are in Lime

SEASON TWO Free Agency Info

[*] Players who are pending free agents are players who would be free agents this summer. E.g. Paul Stastny is a free agent this summer and in this game.

[*] Same goes for RFAs. Offersheet compensation will be decided at a later time.

[*] A period will be given later on in the game to resign UFAs and RFAs before free agency. Im looking for a couple of UFA/RFA agents to help me with this.

[*] The rights of UFAs CAN be traded

[*] Pending UFAs on unmanned teams are NOT eligible for free agency.

If you have any other questions let me know :)

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2012
Signups are underway but please vote in Dong's game before signing up (if you participated).

This game WILL include free agency. PM me if you wish to become a UFA/RFA agent or a Co-Commisionner. I would like to have at least 3 more people to help with FA and 2 co-commish's.

PM me with any concerns or questions.

Aug 11, 2012

The :kings have expressed interest in rebuilding. There will be a vote to decide whether they are allowed to as they were a top 4 team last year and may or may not have an unfair advantage. Simply quote this post with your stance on the matter. The other top 4 teams (Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago) may also apply to rebuild.

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I would love to play but really I don't have the time as I just found a job and they have me working basically every hour I'm not already using up on school and my social life lol. Good luck with the game though.

Aug 11, 2012
I would love to play but really I don't have the time as I just found a job and they have me working basically every hour I'm not already using up on school and my social life lol. Good luck with the game though.

Thanks DD we'll miss having you. Good luck as well

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011

The :kings have expressed interest in rebuilding. There will be a vote to decide whether they are allowed to as they were a top 4 team last year and may or may not have an unfair advantage. Simply quote this post with your stance on the matter. The other top 4 teams (Pittsburgh, Boston, Chicago) may also apply to rebuild.
I'd allow them to rebuild if they want to

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions

Conference Finalists from last season shouldn't be allowed to rebuild imo.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
:caps will be competing. Looking for a top pair defensive Dman, 2/3C, and top 6 wingers.

Untouchables:
Ovechkin
Backstrom
Johansson
Green
Alzner
Carlson
Holtby

I will be shopping all prospects and picks and other young players like Orlov, Wilson, Carrick, Latta, and Neuvirth.

HankTheTankYoLo

Aug 4, 2009
:hawks

will contend

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A TOP 6 C

Everyone is otb for now, feel free to make offers. We also have specs like TT, Saad, Hartman, etc etc

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:wings

Are Rebuilding!

Henrik Zetterberg
Pavel Datsyuk
Daniel Alfredsson
Johan Franzen

Stephen Weiss
Mikael Samuelsson
Justin Abdelkader
Darren Helm
Drew Miller
Danny Cleary
Joakim Andersson
Jordin Tootoo
Niklas Kronwall
Jakub Kindl
Brendan Smith
Kyle Quincey
Jonathan Ericsson
Brian Lashoff
Jimmy Howard
Jonas Gustavsson

PM me if you are interested in any of these players. I can retain cap on anyone.

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
:flames

will continue building for the future.

Will listen to offers for anyone. That's the fun of this right? certain younger players will be much harder to get though/massive overpayment. Monahan, Poirier, Gaudreau, Brodie and Baertschi.

-only interested in moving prospects for prospects/youth that will improve both teams at a different position.
-looking to move vets for picks/prospects/youth

BLOCK: Wideman, Cammalleri, Stempniak, Hudler, Stajan, O'Brien, Westgarth, Glencross, D. Jones, Galliardi, Butler

AVAILABLE FOR THE RIGHT PRICE: Giordano, Baertschi, Russell, Ortio or Gilles, Colbourne, Smid, Ramo or Berra, 2014 first round pick.

VERY LIKELY NOT TO MOVE: Monahan, Porier, Gaudreau, Brodie, Bouma, Backlund

LOOKING FOR: young nhl ready dmen, draft picks, but will listen and consider any and all offers.

Last edited:

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
:leafs

Lookimg for youth.

OTB:

Phi Kessel
James Van Riemsdyk
Tyler Bozak
Joffrey Lupul
Nikolai Kulemin
David Clarkson
Mason Raymond
Dave Bolland
Jay McClement

Dion Phaneuf
Carl Gunnarsson
Cody Franson
Paul Ranger

One of Jonathan Bernier/James Reimer

Obviously, some names will be much harder to get.

Aug 11, 2012
IT'S REBUILD TIME!!!

PARENTEAU, E JOHNSON, O'RIELLY, HEJDA, VARLAMOV, MCGINN, LANDESKOG, TALBOT, TANGUAY etc. ALL OTB!!!!!

Duchene is available but will cost a lot. Landeskog will cost a lot too

Last edited:

Weylspin

The Swede
Sep 4, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Flyers GM here send me any offers not sure if I'm going to rebuild or contend so first great offer I get will be the direction I'm going. Willing to trade anyone!

LG18

May 10, 2013
Montreal
:nucks

Everything is on the block AT THE RIGHT PRICE!!!

Looking to rebuild while adding some veterans.

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
:habs CONTENDING!!

All prospects and picks OTB!!

Galchenyuk and Gallagher can also be had for a rebuilder!

All veterans also available, some can go for prospects.

Only Subban, Price, and Pacioretty are very unlikely to move

Last edited:

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
"I am happy to announce the Panthers organization will be moving forward on a deal that will bring a new team mascot, "Huggz", from his hinterland amazon habitat across the pond, here to the BankAtlantic center on the outskirts of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. This rescue and adoption of such a noble and majestic creature is part of our ongoing effort to attract fans and part of our commitment to being a progressive and environmentally conscientious organization with a finger on the pulse of Boward county. Although non-native to the region, this 400lb jungle panther will be free to roam the grounds of the arena, the neighbouring Everglades, and the Sawgrass Mills outlet mall next door. Also, as part of our plan to expand our income stream, Huggz's former habitat will be quickly and efficiently converted into lawn mulch, biodiesel, and a high-grade chemical fiber compound. This very same compound will be used to create Huggz's very own Florida Panthers' home jersey! His old stomping grounds will then be a developed into a 50 acre sustainable cattle ranch. How sustainable you ask? i) It will be heated and powered by cattle and cattle parts ii) all unused waste products will be converted into process inputs iii) 3% of all profits will go to a charity of Huggz's choice.

The new credit-card operated beef trough installed in the upper bowl will endear itself to Panthers fans as it provides access to an unrelenting, hormone-laden stream of tender, free-range by-product all served in a delectable and soupy Huggz-brand mock barbecue sauce.

We are also planning a zero emissions stadium for the year 2068, and a lawn-mowing contest for the kids to help them get more acquainted with their natural environment. AND...as part of our "Clean Shores" program we will sponsor government mandated community service programs for roadside clean-up...so long as we receive a sizeable tax break and wildly inappropriate influence over municipal and state decision making.

Go cats Go!"

BlackPanther.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad