• Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Since I know it's hard not to jaw drop at the senior citizens skaters. I just want give a little focus on the goaltending.
That goalie tandem is special. Roy is amazing, and it should say something that I wouldn't even start him. Hasek would make a huge impact, even with all of those great skaters on both teams.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
Seniors are damn old. They have no chance. Unless they are all in their prime. But then the Senior Citizens team is probably actually younger than the Young Guns team. Weird.

I don't know how you'd do the series though. Because the rules and refs and equipment were always changing.

Maybe if you play a 7 game series with the backdrop as a combination of eras:
game 1 - 1920's
game 2 - 1940's
game 3 - 1960's
game 4 - 1980's
game 5 - 2000's
game 6 - 2020's
game 7 - 2040's

I think team with Gretzky wins quite easily. But the real key would be to find a goalie who can play well without a mask on and with old goalie gear. That could win you the first couple of games right there. And guys who can play without curved blades.

EDIT: and if it gets to game 7, you need that guy who can defend without touching the opponent at all, to avoid the automatic penalty it implies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Since I know it's hard not to jaw drop at the senior citizens skaters. I just want give a little focus on the goaltending.
That goalie tandem is special. Roy is amazing, and it should say something that I wouldn't even start him. Hasek would make a huge impact, even with all of those great skaters on both teams.

What's weird is given the age group, Roy and Hasek should be on the first team.... the poll is just structured so heavily side with the "seniors" team even though they already have a significant advantage with what 4 top-10 players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad