Ray Bourque - Eddie Shore

Red Kelly - Denis Potvin

Patrick Roy

Dominik Hasek

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
Are they all in their primes? Wouldn't that make them roughly all the same age? Weird poll if yes, also a weird poll if no. Trying to figure out how you make this balanced....
Yes. I like your post and it made me laugh. By your argument though everyone in history is the same age, because they were all one year old at some point in history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Habano

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Yes. I like your post and it made me laugh. By your argument though everyone in history is the same age, because they were all one year old at some point in history. I may have made the vets too powerful, but the Young Guns are also good, and sometimes some posters claim the kids are better, and it's fun to read.

The 2nd team is better by far and you have Fedorov on defense for the 1st team.... it looks like it's intentionally set up to vote for the 2nd team. What's the point if you make it so unbalanced?

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
That first D pairing on the senior team is sick. Imo the 2 very best Ds to ever play the game. If you had paired Bourque with Robinson, no disrespect to Eddie because he was also excellent, I'd be laughing because nobody would be getting around that top 4. Great selections, that senior team brings back so many amazing memories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawkman

Habano

May 18, 2012
The 2nd team is better by far and you have Fedorov on defense for the 1st team.... it looks like it's intentionally set up to vote for the 2nd team. What's the point if you make it so unbalanced?
Good catch, I was about to comment but you saw it first

Reactions: insomniac

Larry Hanson

Aug 1, 2020
Read the first team and thought that would be pretty hard to beat. Read the second team and there are 6-8 of the top 10 players of all time, pretty easily the old guys. Also, I'm a huge Mario fan but he wouldn't be the captain of that team.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Team 2 is way better. Team 1 is good enough to rival and win - but it'd be akin to Team Finland beating Canada at Olympics - sure it may happen here and there if things come together, but Canada is usually the much better team

Reactions: Habano and Hawkman

Elvis P

You ain't nothin but a hound dog
Dec 10, 2007
Graceland
No Lindros? Mario captain? Interesting
1. Many hockey fans are obsessed with size, but Malkin has had a better career.

2. I made Mario Captain for fun, Mario vs Sid, and to reveal posters w/o a sense of humor. I'm not referring to you and your question at all.

3. I'm not replying to your post, but C/D Fedorov played both positions, was a very good Dman, and reveals the less knowledgeable posters. Thanks.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
The second team has a much larger pool to choose from because over 60 years of age separates the oldest and youngest player in there. With the first team it's only a bit over 20 years. Not sure if these age brackets make much sense. It's just weird to have players being put into groups based on age, and see Hašek with Howie Morenz against Jágr.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Someone else is captain when Mr. Hockey is an option? Haha

Seniors pretty easily

Gordie Howe as captain? He was barely captain in his career. Look at Beliveau maybe. Or Gretzky. Or Messier. Or Bourque. Hell - even Lemieux is better.

Gordie Howe is fantastic, but he's certainly not top of mind when I think "greatest captains"

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Gordie Howe as captain? He was barely captain in his career. Look at Beliveau maybe. Or Gretzky. Or Messier. Or Bourque. Hell - even Lemieux is better.

Gordie Howe is fantastic, but he's certainly not top of mind when I think "greatest captains"

Sorry, didn't put the :sarcasm:. Was making light of people actually being upset Lemieux was the captain, and went with the tough oldest guy on the team.

Reactions: bobholly39

Habano

May 18, 2012
1. Many hockey fans are obsessed with size, but Malkin has had a better career.

2. I made Mario Captain for fun, Mario vs Sid, and to reveal posters w/o a sense of humor. I'm not referring to you and your question at all.

3. I'm not replying to your post, but C/D Fedorov played both positions, was a very good Dman, and reveals the less knowledgeable posters. Thanks.
I guess I would be among those in this case. You blew my mind, I never knew SF played D. Great trivia question!

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
When you have prime Wayne & Lemieux and the greatest forwards outside of NHL in Makarov & Kharlamov you take them no question

Reactions: Habano

Habano

May 18, 2012
I keep laughing when I go through the senior team. If that was a real team with all the players in their prime (I know it's impossible but let me have my fun and remenisce), I can't see them losing a single game no matter who they played against.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Second team has Lemieux, Gretzky, Howe, Orr, Beliveau and the back-up goalie is either Roy or Hasek lol

Yeeeeeeah.
Easy choice.

edit: I just noticed that the first defensemen pairing of Senior Citizens were the two best d-men of all time.
Not bad, not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad