The Worst player since the last lockout(04-05) for the Leafs?

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Anyone remember Alex Khavanov?

8468105.jpg

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
No way Komi is the worst...

IMO it has to be a close between Ledba and Toskala.

Toskala has the 100 ft goal, and Lebda, I remember he had a game where the Leafs had like 7 goals (or something, I'm sure someone can correct me) everyone was + and Ledba was somehow -3 haha.

Komisarek has been nothing short of a disaster.

While he should be in the pressbox (on a last placed team), we have to watch him make an idiot of himself night in and out.

I mean, I honestly can't think of one good thing he's done on the ice. Ever.

If he were an honorable person, he would tear up his contract, turn in his jersey, and just retire and do us all a huge favor.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I am saying Sundin was the Captain. ANd the other waited to see what he has doing.
If Sundin had waived every one else would have done the same. What's the point in staying?

As far as the total return. I would be thinking somewhere in the neighbourhood of 3-4 1st round picks and 3-6 prospects and lower picks.

Might have helped the rebuild. Might have stopped the Rask deal and the Toskala deal.

They believed they could still make the playoffs.

What we need are more quitters. :sarcasm:

Brymas McCaberle

Dec 12, 2009
Maybe. Although he was briefly touted as a winger for Mats.

Didn't he manage to score in the lone game he played for the NJD? I still remember people making such big deal about that :laugh:

By that standard, Jeremy Williams should've become a franchise star by now ;)

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Check the prospects for what? When did we ever have young talent like Gardiner and Rielly in the Ferguson era?

Anyway, let's keep this on topic for a change.

Never had a Rielly because JFJ was capable of almost taking the team to the playoffs...hence middle of the round picks.

Burke has driven the team into the sewer despite doing everything he can to beat JFJ's record.

You're right. Burke can't be the worst player because he isn't a player. He's just been the worst GM for the Leafs in their entire history. Off-topic.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Never had a Rielly because JFJ was capable of almost taking the team to the playoffs...hence middle of the round picks.

JFJ's team had no upside at all. And isn't what you're describing the worst possible thing to be? "almost" making the playoffs and getting nothing of quality for your future with a mediocre draft position?

You're right. Burke can't be the worst player because he isn't a player. He's just been the worst GM for the Leafs in their entire history. Off-topic.

No, he isn't. I'm thinking you are very young or haven't followed the team for very long, or both. If not you are extremely ignorant of this team's history.

He would have been at 4,

...4?

but I'm talking responsible for results. JFj missed 2 playoffs by a total of 3-4 points combined. In one of those years the Leafs had a huge amount of injuries to key players.

No question Burke should be held accountable for results his extremely young team is putting up. And he will be, with new ownership taking over.

When you look at what we have right now vs. what we had then, I like what we have now better. Does that mean we're in amazing shape? No. But there is a core starting to form that could have some upside as a good team in the next few years. The Ferguson Leafs had no upside to be a good team.

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
He would have been at 4, but I'm talking responsible for results. JFj missed 2 playoffs by a total of 3-4 points combined. In one of those years the Leafs had a huge amount of injuries to key players.

And that was pretty close to when he inherited the team, and didn't have a chance to completely destroy it yet. Once his works started bearing fruit, it was pretty much a nosedive. Burke would have killed to have a 34 year old PPG+ Sundin, a 29 year old 68 point defensemen, etc etc on his team when he arrived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad