The Worst player since the last lockout(04-05) for the Leafs?

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
No way Komi is the worst...

IMO it has to be a close between Ledba and Toskala.

Toskala has the 100 ft goal, and Lebda, I remember he had a game where the Leafs had like 7 goals (or something, I'm sure someone can correct me) everyone was + and Ledba was somehow -3 haha.

-3 in a 9-3 win against the Thrashers. :facepalm:

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
No Aki Berg love here?

Edit: I know more of a pre-lockout guy but did play a season post and he really, really stunk

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Oh shut it.

What was Montreal's offer to us, Grabovski, Higgins and a 1st?

Well, we got Grabovski for just about nothing, Higgins was a 43 point scorer last year, which represents his highest point totals since 2009 and that Montreal first in 2008 was Greg Nemisz.

we traded a 2nd for Grabo thats more then nothing.

Apr 1, 2010
Oh shut it.

What was Montreal's offer to us, Grabovski, Higgins and a 1st?

Well, we got Grabovski for just about nothing, Higgins was a 43 point scorer last year, which represents his highest point totals since 2009 and that Montreal first in 2008 was Greg Nemisz.

LMAO

I love Sundin, but you can't deny that the Muskoka 5 led by him, ****ed this teams 5 ways to tomorrow by refusing to waive their NTC's.

Grabo cost us a 2nd. in the early 30's.
Higgins was a great piece at the time.
PLus a 1st.

So if that was MTL's offer someone would have given more.

NOW add in McCabe, Tucker, Kubina, and Kaberle and the returns we could have gotten for team nad there is no denying that this was the biggest setback for this franchise in the 30+ years I have been following.

Epictetus

YNWA
Jan 2, 2010
Ontario
LMAO

I love Sundin, but you can't deny that the Muskoka 5 led by him, ****ed this teams 5 ways to tomorrow by refusing to waive their NTC's.

PLus a 1st.

NOW add in McCabe, Tucker, Kubina, and Kaberle and the returns we could have gotten for team nad there is no denying that this was the biggest setback for this franchise in the 30+ years I have been following.

Good post. :)

I love this quote:

"I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June." - Mats Sundin, February 2008

I think I am going to recite it to my future children as a bed-time story.

Sam Slick*

Johnny Malkin anyone?

Edit - Naw, it's Jeff Finger ftw

Awe....I was going to come in here and say I had you all beat with Johnny Dangles and you beat me to it.

Honestly, has anyone ever in the history of the game seen a guy skate soooooo much, yet get so little done?

Must hold some sort of record for turnovers trying to beat 2 or more players in a season with about a million.

Apr 1, 2010
Good post. :)

I love this quote:

"I have never believed in the concept of a rental player. It is my belief that winning the Stanley Cup is the greatest thing you can achieve in hockey but for me, in order to appreciate it you have to have been part of the entire journey and that means October through June." - Mats Sundin, February 2008

I think I am going to recite it to my future children as a bed-time story.

Becareful. They might take the 1st half of the year of school off, and then move accross the country to start up again. Only to fail their courses. :p:

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
No way Komi is the worst...

IMO it has to be a close between Ledba and Toskala.

Toskala has the 100 ft goal, and Lebda, I remember he had a game where the Leafs had like 7 goals (or something, I'm sure someone can correct me) everyone was + and Ledba was somehow -3 haha.

I agree, Komi probobally has the worse contract, but not the worse player.

Worse player has to be Colby Armstrong in my eyes. He was so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......... Who gets beat up by Dennis Seidenberg? like come on....

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
MATS SUNDIN

Why?

His refusal, and the subsequent refusal of the rest of the Muskoka 5, to waive the NTC's set this team back in terms of a rebuild more than the Rask trade, the Toskala trade, and the Steen trade combined.

HE is the worst because he ****ed this team the most.

Appologies to those confused by that perspective.

Talent wise there has been too many to count.

Teams used to target Hal Gill's side of the ice when he was in Toronto because he was such a freaking pilon. Then in 2009 he wins the cup as PIT's shutdown d-man. Bizarre.

Toskala is probably the #1 when you factor in what was expected.

What was expected was Kiprussof v2.0. What we got was garbage. Cost us a 1st in the process.

Yu do realize the offer for Sundin was Grabovski, Higgins and a 2nd or 1st right? The rest is just an assumption that the other 4 followed suit, but far from fact.

Answer to this thread would be lundmark, Lebda or wallin

4evaBlue

Bottle of Lightning
Jan 9, 2011
Worse player has to be Colby Armstrong in my eyes. He was so slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.......... Who gets beat up by Dennis Seidenberg? like come on....

Armstrong is a troll, and a fairly effective one. He is also very effective along the boards and on the PK. If he wasn't made of glass, he could have been a useful (but overpaid) player for us.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
Armstrong is a troll, and a fairly effective one. He is also very effective along the boards and on the PK. If he wasn't made of glass, he could have been a useful (but overpaid) player for us.

Armstrong hasn't been an effective anything, at any time, in any situation for the Leafs.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
LMAO

PLus a 1st.

So you're saying that Tucker, McCabe, Kubina and Kaberle were grown men who couldn't make their own decisions without seeing what Mats Sundin would do first?

At the end of the day, the Leafs got rid of all of them. Maybe if we didn't have senile old Fletcher in charge they could have gotten something more for McCabe and Kubina had he not driven his trade value into the ground with the whole media campaign.

Or maybe we can blame JFJ for inventing NMCs in the first place.

In hindsight, maybe the Leafs would have been better off and had a smoother transition had they simply held onto those players.

Apr 1, 2010
So you're saying that Tucker, McCabe, Kubina and Kaberle were grown men who couldn't make their own decisions without seeing what Mats Sundin would do first?

At the end of the day, the Leafs got rid of all of them. Maybe if we didn't have senile old Fletcher in charge they could have gotten something more for McCabe and Kubina had he not driven his trade value into the ground with the whole media campaign.

Or maybe we can blame JFJ for inventing NMCs in the first place.

In hindsight, maybe the Leafs would have been better off and had a smoother transition had they simply held onto those players.

I am saying Sundin was the Captain. ANd the other waited to see what he has doing.
If Sundin had waived every one else would have done the same. What's the point in staying?

As far as the total return. I would be thinking somewhere in the neighbourhood of 3-4 1st round picks and 3-6 prospects and lower picks.

Might have helped the rebuild. Might have stopped the Rask deal and the Toskala deal.

Last edited:

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Toskala was bad, but he did win that game on the Davison goal. Only one he let in too.

The Lydman goal, just horrific, close your glove.

Vessa is toilet in Finnish.

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
recently probably Ledba... man

the minute this guy plays his first game, he takes the most Pejorative Slured goalie interference call ever

vesa... yeah but i didnt get to see much of him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad