Post-Game Talk: The worst part is when they gave you hope

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Oh probably. Although I’d take a first round exit over our season right now.
It’s painful watching the Canucks have success while we are again a few games below 0.500.
Not even them, but Arizona. Cgy is selling and ahead lol.

We are like 7 Point out right now and looking at another 3+ game losing streak

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
So go fly a Cannots kite then. We'll see for the Canucks where it ends. Probably something like 2012...first round exit.

Only NoCupNucks fans should be dumb enough to believe that their team will do anything but fall flat on its face in the playoffs. I’m not drinking that Kool Aid

Sedin Era was a much better team and it ended with two series lead chokes to an overrated Bruins team. Linden Canucks were better too and just more tears.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Only NoCupNucks fans should be dumb enough to believe that their team will do anything but fall flat on its face in the playoffs. I’m not drinking that Kool Aid

Sedin Era was a much better team and it ended with two series lead chokes to an overrated Bruins team. Linden Canucks were better too and just more tears.
They have had a fairly soft schedule to my eyes. Not a ton of top teams (from last year and teams playing well this year)

They played us 3x when we were terrible. . Sj 3x. Seattle a few times. Far more weaker teams than great ones.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Yeah I just don't see this Canucks team being playoff anything. They're getting the white gloves treatment because no team in the league really has a hate on for them yet. But Petersson seems to be working on that. lol

They have had a fairly soft schedule to my eyes. Not a ton of top teams
Like I said this week their tough schedule is in Feb, March, Apr. just saying.

Captain Fantastic

Connor McMastadon
Feb 24, 2012
YEG
I'll say it again. The recent Tampa game was a real gut punch to the team. They were 8-0 going in, team played a superb game only for our goalie Fore-Skinner to F it up. The team needs a veteran goalie that they can believe in.
We had a total buy-in from the whole team for nine games. Checking, Back-tracking, sound defense, going in the dirty areas to score . Just playing their behinds off only to get deflated by their goaltending in an important ,record tying game. The team looks demoralized again. Holland needs to make a F trade quick to restore some confidence in the group.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Yeah I just don't see this Canucks team being playoff anything. They're getting the white gloves treatment because no team in the league really has a hate on for them yet. But Petersson seems to be working on that. lol

Like I said this week their tough schedule is in Feb, March, Apr. just saying.
They will for sure get wrecked in the playoffs. Although a tough schedule to end the year isn’t a bad thing necessarily. Confidence from an easy start can have you ride. I mean coming into the season having to play us 3 times quick should have been tough but we uhh, didn’t make it tough.
Either way I don’t like Vancouver but watching them, Vegas and LA being top 10 years right now just adds to the annoyance of our game

I'll say it again. The recent Tampa game was a real gut punch to the team. They were 8-0 going in, team played a superb game only for our goalie Fore-Skinner to F it up. The team needs a veteran goalie that they can believe in.
We had a total buy-in from the whole team for nine games. Checking, Back-tracking, sound defense, going in the dirty areas to score . Just playing their behinds off only to get deflated by their goaltending in an important ,record tying game. The team looks demoralized again. Holland needs to make a F trade quick to restore some confidence in the group.
The fact that Holland has done literally nothing but firing Woodcroft is just hilariously incompetent.

Reactions: Captain Fantastic

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don't want another F trade. A or B maybe.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Maybe we can trade Campbell and Skinner for an Applebees and Blockbuster.
LOL. I miss the blockbuster days.

Please be kind and rewind

This team needs a shakeup immediately. Thing is, they could win two in a row and Holland will say they are evaluating biweekly. Buy some time

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
LOL. I miss the blockbuster days.

Please be kind and rewind

This team needs a shakeup immediately. Thing is, they could win two in a row and Holland will say they are evaluating biweekly. Buy some time
I want to rewind back to July 1st or earlier.

Maybe we can trade Campbell and Skinner for an Applebees and Blockbuster.
Campbells Skinjob with added fat soup.

Could be a hard sell.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
You just know Vasilevsky, Bobrovsky and Sorokin are texting Shesterkin to not be the one to let the Russian goalie win-streak end against the Oilers in a few nights.

AlbOilFAN

Jan 26, 2018
This is the same team as 2006 oilers. Barely made the playoffs and went game 7 of the Stanley cup. But we need uncle Kenny to wake up and go get f***ing goalie.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Would be nice if McDavid remembered that he can score near a goal a game if he puts his mind to it. He passed on way too many shots yet again. When nothing is going, him and Bouch are our cheat codes for offense. He needs to shoot more.

Last edited:
Reactions: frag2 and Oilhawks

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
They will for sure get wrecked in the playoffs. Although a tough schedule to end the year isn’t a bad thing necessarily. Confidence from an easy start can have you ride. I mean coming into the season having to play us 3 times quick should have been tough but we uhh, didn’t make it tough.
Either way I don’t like Vancouver but watching them, Vegas and LA being top 10 years right now just adds to the annoyance of our game

The fact that Holland has done literally nothing but firing Woodcroft is just hilariously incompetent.
Who is out there that can help us?

This ain't the good old days

It won't take a 3rd or 4th liner to solve this shit storm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad