The worst part about getting eliminated would be....

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
Obviously, not playing in the finals.

But for me, going through next season and every time anyone does anything good, or they win a few games, or Igor gets a shutout - "yeah but, in the playoffs..." Over and over.

This has been a great run. Some bumps in the road and maybe a wall in Tampa, but hell it's been fun after years of nothing.

Sure there are changes to be made. Players to get rid of and holes to fill. But the future is bright and the team should be a strong contender for awhile.
yeah, but in the playoffs the forwards scored 2 goals in 8.5 periods.

having to hear "Jack Johnson, Stanley Cup champion" hurts my soul

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
It's that and the insufferable negative Rangers fans who will discount everything next season and tar these players as guys who failed in one way or another in the playoffs.

I know and you know that this has been a rousing success regardless of what happens over the next few days.

Then you've totally misunderstood my original post.
It's loser talk. Pining over the season that is not even over yet is loser talk.

anthonyd46

May 29, 2015
Greenwich, CT
www.survivorgif.com
if our rebuild was good enough I don't think we need to worry about not getting back here. I think it was. Especially with Shesterkin and Fox and the emegernece of the younger players
Yea but you can have your roster set up pretty good then one major injury ruins it all like the puck to Zucarello's head.

So I just feel like if no injuries for tomorrow they need just hopefully find a way to pull this off, because you never know what the future holds no matter how good it looks.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
I don't know if there's much to view as negative. Going up 2-0 against the defending champs is a feat, and so is the talented core that your team has built (you've got all the pieces needed to contend e.g. #1 G, #1 C, #1 D, also plenty of depth). With the right player development I don't see why the Rangers can't repeat this progress (plus I don't see your franchise as a one-time Cinderella story, so if anything, it's learning what needs to be done to come back. TB had to lose to CBJ, Washington kept losing to the Pens, maybe this is the lesson in how to contend for the Rangers).

Reactions: aufheben

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
If, BIG IF, we did lose…

Worst part for me would be how winnable the series was. I dread thinking about how 1 nightmare game 3 from Trouba could’ve been the turning point in a series we realistically could’ve swept.

Reactions: RagFinMet

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
it just hurts because even though this is a young team that has made it clear they are a new contender on the block, we can still be sitting here 5 or 6 years from now thinking about how it's such a shame we never got back to this point again. That's my ultimate fear right now, if we lose, will we be able to truly be better from it in the years that follow?

Richard Banger

Mamba Mentality
Sep 29, 2017
Was Oklahoma now Texas
it just hurts because even though this is a young team that has made it clear they are a new contender on the block, we can still be sitting here 5 or 6 years from now thinking about how it's such a shame we never got back to this point again. That's my ultimate fear right now, if we lose, will we be able to truly be better from it in the years that follow?
Yes. Who is going to contest with the rangers in the east that we haven’t already beaten as a young and unseasoned team?

AirGut

Jul 1, 2019
Larry Brooks Bus Stop
www.capfriendly.com
Yes. Who is going to contest with the rangers in the east that we haven’t already beaten as a young and unseasoned team?
I don't know, every year is a different show and I feel like it'll be typical Ranger luck for the Devils or Flyers to make a surprise run and we'll end up losing to them in the 1st or some shit. I guess I'm just thinking negative because of the Game 5 L but things like this are entirely possible.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Rangers-Avs or Lightning-Avs would both be great Finals. Popular and well known teams historically
Yeah we’ll see about that in a few years. :laugh:

1654904283737.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad