The worst ever coach for your team?

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
Pierre Creamer. Thank god it only lasted a season.

He once told the team to "go make bicycle" after a bad practice, since his English was apparently limited. The team responded by drawing a bicycle on the chalkboard in the locker room and going home.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He was a solid assistant coach here for years as well. It's just unfortunate how terrible he was a head coach. It sure didn't help that he had played with the malcontent captain either, along with some of the other players on the team...
I didn't think he was a solid assistant coach at all. In fact, the power play went ker plunk the year he took over and was usually below average to bad every year he was there, after being like second the year before he was hired as an assistant and then top 10 in the first year he wasn't an assistant. The year he was the head coach in the AHL, the year before the horrific head coaching stint. Even the inflated stats post lockout year when Brian Gionta scored 24 PP goals alone, we were still in the bottom half of the league on the PP, if I recall correctly.

I was about to say that he was never a teammate of Langenbrunner's, but then I remembered that he was actually was teammate's with Langenbrunner for a brief time in Dallas in the final 2 years of his career.
In 15 years of covering the NHL, we had never seen a coach so universally disrespected and disliked within his own organization.

McGuire fancied himself two parts Scotty Bowman and one part Bob Johnson. It turned out to be a superhuman leap of faith on his part.

http://articles.courant.com/1994-05...mcguire-whalers-general-manager-paul-holmgren
I always think back to Pierre's joke of a head coaching stint, every time I have to suffer through his BRUTAL commentary and hyping of every head coach and horrible players (like Dan Girardi tonight) and any coach. I've heard him constantly talk up how great Jeff Blashill and AV are, during broadcasts where he's calling the Red Wings or the Rangers. And he'll point out the smallest most ridiculous freak incidents and chalk to them up to ''See that, Eddie and Doc? That's coaching right there''.

Big surprise that the worst head coach in the history of hockey thinks other bad head coaches (and bad players) are good.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Oh this one is easy.

Todd Richards is easily the worst coach in Wild history!

Horrible at in game adjustments, I think he really couldn't analyze what wad happening in front of his own eyes.

His favorite go to comment when asked why or how something was happening with the team... "I don't know, I'll have to go back and watch the video"

Couldn't give any in depth analysis on anything until days later after watching and rewatching the video before he could answer any real questions.

Bending and Tending

Dec 25, 2014
U.S.A.
I want to say Mike Johnston (Penguins), but he wasn't exactly put into a situation to succeed, in my opinion.

The Penguins needed a coach to kick them in the ass, but they hired another 'nice guy' coach.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Sens - Dave Allison

I was going to mention him, but his tenure was so short.

The coach I disliked the most was Craig Hartsburg.

His style of game was to dump it out of the defensive zone and then change lines.

We'd go entire games without any momentum whatsoever.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
for the sens its dave cameron, hartsburgh was bad too but cameron was the moron that put Boro as a LW and our skilled forwards on our 4th line, the boro thing alone was idiotic

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Dave Allison for Ottawa. 2 wins in 25 games was pretty bad even for the pre 1996-1997 team. Oh well it led to get Jacques Martin who might be the best coach in team history.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
He once told the team to "go make bicycle" after a bad practice, since his English was apparently limited. The team responded by drawing a bicycle on the chalkboard in the locker room and going home.

:laugh:

He also didn't realize that the team needed to win their last regular season game to keep their playoff hopes alive.:help:

He was my first choice with Edzo and Johnston up there as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad