The worst ever coach for your team?

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I'll go with John MacLean from recent history. Tougher to judge guys from the early 80's when the team was so brutal to begin with.

It's definitely MacLean. Lemaire came in after him and turned the team completely around and they played great. They were 9-22-2 under MacLean which is a 49 pt pace and the same that the Avs are currently on. Under Lemaire they were 29-17-3 which is a 102 pt pace. More than doubled their pace after they canned MacLean

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
Ugh god. Don't even remind me. That man is part of the reason we no longer have hockey in Atlanta.

For the Rangers (in my life time) it has to be Trottier. Everything about it was wrong from the start.

I'll call your Trottier and raise with Michel Bergeron. We traded a first round draft pick for him and also $75k, because apparently a first round draft pick for a head coach won't cut it. :facepalm:

tmlfan98

No More Excuses #MarnerOut
Aug 13, 2012
Hockey's Mecca
My first year watching the Leafs was Quinn's first year as the head coach. Carlyle is definitely the worst Leafs coach I've seen in that time span.

Thordic

StraightOuttaConklin
Jul 12, 2006
I'll call your Trottier and raise with Michel Bergeron. We traded a first round draft pick for him and also $75k, because apparently a first round draft pick for a head coach won't cut it. :facepalm:

As far as I can tell the Nordiques draft Daniel Dore with that pick, but when you look at the board the Rangers could have drafted Roenick, Selanne, Brind'Amour, Mogilny, Recchi, Blake, etc with that pick. Hell of a draft, but I'm sure the Rangers would have screwed it up anyway.

Bergeron was technically a better coach than Trots but you make a solid point.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
From the coaches I've witnessed its between Dave Lewis and Steve Kasper. I'm going with Lewis because I've never seen a team more disorganised and unprepared for every opponent. Given the talent on his roster, that team should not have missed the playoffs.

Got One Cup

Jun 3, 2008
Mike Keenan no doubt about it. #99 would of probably stayed with the Blues if not for this tool.

bombers15

5-14-6-1
Mar 17, 2008
Dallas "Corsi" Eakins AINEC.

1297507025013_ORIGINAL.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad