WJC: The WJC on Television (General Broadcasting Discussion)

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I set my computer up with a free canada proxy but that did not trick tsn. I default to google.ca but tsn live stream just never loads. I get the buffering circle of doom. Why wont tsn stream to US. Are they afraid all 8 of us will suck the bandwith?

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
I don't know, but even when NHLN shows the TSN broadcast, we are not allowed to watch one single second of it except for game time. No pregame, no intermission, not even the five minutes from the start of the hour to the puck drop. Its absolutely absurd and damn annoying. Instead of watching an intermission about the WJC we are only allowed to watch NHL highlights squeezed in between never-ending pimping of the winter classic.

truefan8993

Dec 20, 2011
I don't know, but even when NHLN shows the TSN broadcast, we are not allowed to watch one single second of it except for game time. No pregame, no intermission, not even the five minutes from the start of the hour to the puck drop. Its absolutely absurd and damn annoying. Instead of watching an intermission about the WJC we are only allowed to watch NHL highlights squeezed in between never-ending pimping of the winter classic.
Yesterday NHL network changed that in the US we got pregame and the awards afterwards with wjc reporting during the intermission.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
I set my computer up with a free canada proxy but that did not trick tsn. I default to google.ca but tsn live stream just never loads. I get the buffering circle of doom. Why wont tsn stream to US. Are they afraid all 8 of us will suck the bandwith?

That has nothing to do with using a proxy. I got that from them for yesterdays game too. I guess they don't have enough bandwidth to handle the traffic. I tried watching from the first minute they were on and didn't get anything beyond the commercials except the "buffering circle of doom".

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Love that all the games are on TSN and TSN2, starting to feel like we have an advantage over the ESPN crowd. Usually we have to watch their feeds for football and other sports but the Canadian channels are taking the international events to another level. Olympics were stellar and they have hit another level with this years WJCs.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Hey guys...

I'm from Toronto, going on vacation to Florida starting new years day... hoping that I'll be able to watch the remaining medal round games (canada's) when I'm there online.

Anyone know how if/how I can do this?

TSN likely won't let me stream because I'll be outside Canada...

Does FASThockey work for any of you guys in the US? I'm hoping that I'll be able to watch the CAN games from there because they won't be blacked out... can anyone confirm this?

Any others ideas would be great too..

Thanks

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I got a question for North-American peeps. If you watch an icehockey stream live on Justin.TV, say NHL game stream and if the stream has a lot of viewers. Does the stream go down for you every 30-60 seconds? I think all the Finns and most Europeans have that for almost any crowded streams on Justin.tv.

So i'm thinking if I'd use a program like this http://getfoxyproxy.org/ (never used it, but i read about it from a thread) that would change the proxy/IP settings to make it look like I was viewing from NA, it could possible fix the problem. So I need to know if NA peeps have that almost default stream crash every 30-60secs on JTV.

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
I got a question for North-American peeps. If you watch an icehockey stream live on Justin.TV, say NHL game stream and if the stream has a lot of viewers. Does the stream go down for you every 30-60 seconds? I think all the Finns and most Europeans have that for almost any crowded streams on Justin.tv.

So i'm thinking if I'd use a program like this http://getfoxyproxy.org/ (never used it, but i read about it from a thread) that would change the proxy/IP settings to make it look like I was viewing from NA, it could possible fix the problem. So I need to know if NA peeps have that almost default stream crash every 30-60secs on JTV.

Nonpremium justin users have (i think) it was 100 slot limit for their nation so it crashes because of that. Some said a pop-up windows works but i havent tried. And yes id assume that US people have the same limit but since theres probably aint 100 ppl to watch fin-den for example it works perfectly (didnt have any problems and i was on USA proxy and chat was full of finnish rage) Anyway with USA IP you can watch NHL Network also, and with Canada IP TSN and with any non-finnish proxy you can watch fasthockey so you shouldnt need to rely on justin.tv anyway :)

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
I'm from Toronto, going on vacation to Florida starting new years day.
Hoping that I'll be able to watch the remaining medal round games (canada's) when I'm there online.

NHL Network-United States is scheduled to show both quarterfinals. both semifinals,
bronze medal game and the gold medal game - your hotel may even get the channel -
if so no need to stream.

If they don't - go to NHL.com - they are streaming whatever WJC games NHL Network-
United States is showing.

LS...

Last edited:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
NHL Network-United States is scheduled to show both quarterfinals. both semifinals,
bronze medal game and the gold medal game - your hotel may even get the channel -
if so no need to stream.

If they don't - go to NHL.com - they are streaming whatever WJC games NHL Network-
United States is showing.

LS...

Thanks LS.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Nonpremium justin users have (i think) it was 100 slot limit for their nation so it crashes because of that. Some said a pop-up windows works but i havent tried. And yes id assume that US people have the same limit but since theres probably aint 100 ppl to watch fin-den for example it works perfectly (didnt have any problems and i was on USA proxy and chat was full of finnish rage) Anyway with USA IP you can watch NHL Network also, and with Canada IP TSN and with any non-finnish proxy you can watch fasthockey so you shouldnt need to rely on justin.tv anyway :)

Ok ty. Just need to start learning to use that proxy program then. Luckily all the remaining matches are so big that there will be plenty of streams for those, so maybe next year i'll need to do that then.

OttawaRoughRiderFan*

Any idea what the TV ratings were for the U.S. - Canada game for TSN?

Because the game meant nothing and it was up against HNIC I assume they were down but...

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Update: Due to the Winter Classic being moved to 3:00 pm ET - NHL Network-United States
had to change their schedule this afternoon so they could fit in a Winter Classic post-game
show that is set to start at 6:00 pm ET or whenever NBC coverage of the Winter Classic ends.

Thus a showing of the first quarterfinal between Finland and Slovakia (scheduled for 5:00 pm ET)
has been canceled. NHL Network-United States is still scheduled to show the second quarterfinal
between Russia and Czech Republic - LIVE - at 9:00 pm ET. It will also be streamed on NHL.com

No word if NHL.com will be streaming the Finland-Slovakia quarterfinal on their site.

Last edited:

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
Update: Due to the Winter Classic being moved to 3:00 pm ET - NHL Network-United States
had to change their schedule this afternoon so they could fit in a Winter Classic post-game
show that is set to start at 6:00 pm ET or whenever NBC coverage of the Winter Classic ends.

Thus a showing of the first quarterfinal between Finland and Slovakia (scheduled for 5:00 pm ET)
has been canceled. NHL Network-United States is still scheduled to show the second quarterfinal
between Russia and Czech Republic - LIVE - at 9:00 pm ET. It will also be streamed on NHL.com

No word if NHL.com will be streaming the Finland-Slovakia quarterfinal on their site.

That's absolute ********, NHL network is a joke. They would rather shove winter classic crap down our throats and cancel their scheduled programing to watch their boring analysts talk about a singe hockey game for a strait week.

Darth Bangkok

May 17, 2006
Mogadishu
NHLN is down right awful these days. Even during the WJC games they did show, the intermissions were wall to wall winter classic nonsense. Thank god that stupid ass game is over until next year.

Son of Krypton

is anyone outside canada able to stream tsn.ca for live games?
Where do I find the link? The only one I see on the TSN site is for something called "TSN Mobile TV". That can't be it, right?
If I go to watch.tsn.ca, I don't see any live streams.

EDIT:
Ah, the link is there now, and yes, I can watch the stream with a Canadian proxy.
But without it? No. It's geo-blocked. In Sweden at least.

Last edited:

hz

Aug 7, 2010
At Tvmatchen it says that Eurosport 2 shall broadcast the game beetween Canada-Russia but im just seing some s*** sport pitchures.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad