WJC: The WJC on Television (General Broadcasting Discussion)

Emppu

Might i add your gunna have to set up an account with your e-mail or whatever but it's free and no hassles. Enjoy.

Registration is free, streams are not

Step 3: Choose The Game You Want To Watch
Once you log in, on the right hand side of the screen you will see a list of games.

Use our search tools to find the game that you want to watch. It is easiest just to change the drop down box and use the next page and previous page buttons to scroll around.

Now, hit the red Watch button to buy the game. If you have Game Credits available, you will be asked to spend one on the game. If you do not have any Game Credits available, you will be taken to a page where you can buy some. Current information on Game Credits is available on the page where you buy them.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Wait... So, does that mean it's free unless TSN/TSN2 is showing it, or unless STV3 is showing it?

That is to say, do I get the games that aren't being broadcast in Canada for free?

I don't think it matters if TSN shows the game or not, just what country you're in. Based on the broadcasting thread, Slovakians can see pretty much every game on fasthockey since you're not getting blacked out. The WJC streams are totally free anyway. In fact, fasthockey has plenty of free content.

Taoiseach

Go Hull Go!
May 14, 2011
Ottawa-Gatineau, NCR
I don't think it matters if TSN shows the game or not, just what country you're in. Based on the broadcasting thread, Slovaks can see pretty much every game on fasthockey since you're not getting blacked out. The WJC streams are totally free anyway. In fact, fasthockey has plenty of free content.

Nice! This will definitely come in handy!

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I don't think it matters if TSN shows the game or not, just what country you're in. Based on the broadcasting thread, Slovakians can see pretty much every game on fasthockey since you're not getting blacked out. The WJC streams are totally free anyway. In fact, fasthockey has plenty of free content.

This is how I understand it from what iif.com says:
- No games being shown by STV or any other Slovak channel means we have all the games available and free.
- For example Swedish TV showing Swedish games and Czech TV showing Czech games means that these games will be blocked out in Sweden/Czech republic, but Swedes/Czechs should still be able to watch the other teams´ games free on there.

Btw, how do I find out which content is free on fasthockey? I always assumed they didn´t have any...

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
You create an account and log on. The games that have a "Play" button next to them are available and free.

Us Swedes have most games on TV, we get blacked out in all but three or four group stage games on fasthockey.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
You create an account and log on. The games that have a "Play" button next to them are available and free.

Us Swedes have most games on TV, we get blacked out in all but three or four group stage games on fasthockey.

Thanks. Though I´m kinda confused, I had registered there already in the morning and back then the games from the U17 World Sports Challenge where Team Slovakia U17 will plays has the pay button and I´ve heard from other people that you had to pay for those as well, but now I have the play button next to them?

mn0733

Dec 20, 2011
fast Hockey is showing the non USA games in the US I live in Minnesota, the coverage has been good on the Calgary feed, but they had an issue that made them miss most of the Canada Finland game, I don't know how the USA- Denmark feed was as I did not see it.NHL.com is streaming the US games which is the same feed as on NHL Network with Matt Rosen and Dave Starman on call.

Last edited:

Statsy

Dec 21, 2009
Vancouver
Wow! Just watched four WJC games (as well as one NHL and one Spengler Cup game) all in one day. My eyes are now bleeding, but it's worth it. A big thanks to TSN for giving me what I really wanted for Christmas this year...more hockey than I know what to do with!

walle

Sep 9, 2008
Northpole
In addition it looks like they will be streaming the TSN games that aren't on NHL Network in the States. Russia vs Switzerland is posted to be streamed tonight.

Where i need to go find this and do i need to be registered/subscribed to something?

Colton2233

Mar 28, 2008
How does medal round go? 1st place vs. 2nd place on other side.. Is +/- the first tiebreaker after pts?

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
How does medal round go? 1st place vs. 2nd place on other side.. Is +/- the first tiebreaker after pts?

1st in each group gets a bye to the SF. 2nd from one group plays 3rd in the other in the QF. Then 1st in group A plays the winners of 2nd in B/3rd in A, and vice versa. The winners of the SF play the gold medal game, and the losers playn for bronze. The losers of the QF play for 5th place

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
if Points is tied it goes...

1)head to head points
2)head to head goal differential
3)head to head goals for
4)goal differential best team not involved in the tie
5)goals for against next best team not involved in the tie
6)total goal differential
7)total goals for
8)IIHF ranking

pokerface1

Sep 16, 2010
I'm disappointed that in the U.S. the NHL Network isn't showing any of the games from the Russia/Sweden/Switzerland/Slovakia group. Guess the network didn't want to send a second crew to other host city? or pay to license from TSN for those games? Oh well, maybe next year they'll provide full coverage....

Pokeys

Dec 31, 2009
Peg
anyone know if games are aired on TV's at resorts in Mexico? lol. They must be able to pick up TSN on satellite at the resorts. Sure would suck to miss the game on Saturday and the rest of the tournament after that.

Tommy14

Dec 28, 2011
Praha, CZ
I don't get what's going on with Fast Hockey. I am in Slovakia currently and registered, but when I click on the "play" button, it links me to a screen asking to pay 6.99! The caveat is that I was looking to watch the game archived and not live. Do you have to watch the games live in order to get them for free from Slovakia?

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Wow! Just watched four WJC games (as well as one NHL and one Spengler Cup game) all in one day. My eyes are now bleeding, but it's worth it. A big thanks to TSN for giving me what I really wanted for Christmas this year...more hockey than I know what to do with!
Haha, I thought I was the only one!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad