Pre-Game Talk: The Windy City (Chicago….not Regina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
My boss goes to Chicago every couple years and says the deep dish is just insane good. I want to try it so bad!!! That looks ridiculous

I can attest that when you spend 90% of your time in the conference center and the only food available is lukewarm deep dish pizza which you try to eat while sitting on some free stairs somewhere... well... let's just say I can't even look at the stuff. I'm ruined.

• Haha
Reactions: tardigrade81

CrazyJoeDavola

Jun 17, 2011
The pizza in Italy will disappoint you, it's not what you think it is compared to the North American style saw
Yeah, it's neopolitan, which is more chewy and dough-y. Not my cup of tea. Nothing beats the new york style; however, really want to try the New Haven pizza which would be right down my alley.

Bar pie is the ultimate. Thin, cracker-like crust, but just sucks that nobody around here in Vancouver sells it.

I can attest that when you spend 90% of your time in the conference center and the only food available is lukewarm deep dish pizza which you try to eat while sitting on some free stairs somewhere... well... let's just say I can't even look at the stuff. I'm ruined.
I feel like you need to be at a restaurant or home to eat the stuff, because it's so greasy and messy. You can't just go for a walk downtown, grab a slice to go, and not have to carry 20 napkins with you.

nally

When you have something to say, silence is a lie
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2004
London, Ontario
www.Directdial.com
Ham and pineapple for the W. The perfect blend of different flavors. Something about how it sets off a good pizza sauce, cheese, and a salty ham. Like a taste explosion. It just works to those that like it.

Interesting article;

At the time Pineapple was never seen here. They weren't imported. So that Pineapple here was a novelty, and a delicacy. It also spawned Sweet and Sour Chicken.

As the article mentions its odd to object to pineapple on pizza because its a fruit. Tomatoes are fruit.
Add some hot peppers to the Hawaiian and it's perfect!

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Man I love sushi.
Don’t know why I can’t get into it… do you recommend a certain one?

Plus the Red Lobster in Regina is pretty much right in or on the edge of the hood.
Lmao bingo! It’s so sketchy! I wouldn’t eat there ever personally.

Lol awe man. Hahah sorry to hear that.

Porkleaker

Mar 19, 2017
Onterrible
Flames have such an easy schedule, ease into the season with only 6 games played and 3 days off here and there...gtfo!
That's how they don't get injured.

Anyways, expect McDavid things tonight, just win!

Reactions: tardigrade81

Anarchism

John Henry
May 23, 2019
northern alberta
J McCabe....18.43 toi against Florida 3.00 shorthanded 5 blocked shots 4 penalty mins though--probably still getting up to speed. Can play RD or LD equally well.

Entwistle= 8.53, primary assist on winning goal when elevated to third line, +1,....can take faceoffs as well...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad