Pre-Game Talk: The Windy City (Chicago….not Regina)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mowzie

Sep 17, 2003
I was supremely disappointed in Chicago deep dish. Tried it a few times when I was there and just remember being really let down. Very little flavor in anything other than the sauce and parmesan cheese, and you feel like crap once you're done. Not to mention it takes so damn long to cook.

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
No wonder the US has an obesity epidemic lol
Hey!!!!!! Lay off my fat ancestors 😂 they like their food dammit
😂😂😂😂

I was supremely disappointed in Chicago deep dish. Tried it a few times when I was there and just remember being really let down. Very little flavor in anything other than the sauce and parmesan cheese, and you feel like crap once you're done. Not to mention it takes so damn long to cook.
Hmmmmmm. That’s disappointing….

This makes poutine seem like health food. "deep fried chicken butter chunks" hard pass.
Could be worse. Could be sushi 🤮 granted probably more healthy. But the texture and taste is enough to make any sane man puke.

Sorry sushi lovers 😂

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
Ham and pineapple for the W. The perfect blend of different flavors. Something about how it sets off a good pizza sauce, cheese, and a salty ham. Like a taste explosion. It just works to those that like it.

Interesting article;

At the time Pineapple was never seen here. They weren't imported. So that Pineapple here was a novelty, and a delicacy. It also spawned Sweet and Sour Chicken.

As the article mentions its odd to object to pineapple on pizza because its a fruit. Tomatoes are fruit.
Looooove ham and pineapple. It’s my fave!

Leonardlizard

Dec 3, 2021
Before I cared about being a somewhat responsible adult and signed my life away for benefits and a 401 I worked a woodfire pizza truck and had so much fun cooking in that thing. The pizza was great but nothing like a steak cooked on cast iron in an apple wood oven.

I don't know what to expect out of the game I just really want them to be 5-3 so the kraken fans here can stop pretending they're anything at all.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I ate at the Lobster Shack in Barrington on Tuesday but went with haddock and clams.
I use to eat at JB's. Oh man, yummmy. Seafood platter was to die for. Best thing about it, I didnt have to pay for it so I made sure I got a bowl of Seafood Chowder as well.
I,m hungry now. Get off work in 20 mins and gotta drive home to New Glasgow from Halifax. Might have to stop

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Just read a pretty cool thing on FB. Remember a couple of years ago the girl in St. Louis was sick as well with Cancer when they won cup. Laila Anderson. She formed a friendship with Ben. She had his upper deck card at the game last night. She looks totally different from she did when she was going thru the treatments. She now looks like a young teenager. All the best to her

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
You also like the Indianapolis Colts so there’s that too!
Starting Ehlinger this weekend my friend. Watch the Colts win out and go to the Super Bowl!!!

Who the f*** are you kidding ? Everything that is high in one of salt, fat , sugar or cholesterol is your favourite 😂
I also like my coffee black. One of my fave things.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
In fairness, the chunks of butter aren’t fried.

No need to be fair. It isn't fair that honey-infused butter sounds so delicious and is so very unhealthy in the amounts it looks like they are serving. It's literally just a big old chunk of honey-infused butter in the middle of the sandwich?

Reactions: tardigrade81

tardigrade81

Jun 12, 2019
Saskatchewan
No need to be fair. It isn't fair that honey-infused butter sounds so delicious and is so very unhealthy in the amounts it looks like they are serving. It's literally just a big old chunk of honey-infused butter in the middle of the sandwich?
Reminds me of that thing homer ate on the Simpson a bit 😂
1666900648377.png

Where the fooooook is the GDT?
Was wondering the same

Game is only a few hours away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad