Books: The Winds of Winter: Three quarters had been written in 12 years

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I think as others have said... he seems to enjoy being the creative mind behind a major media franchise more than finishing his books so I doubt we see anything more especially given the success and the propensity for media companies to milk the living shit out of popular IPs (and I don't mind personally). That will likely keep him busy enough and happy enough.

Reactions: The Crypto Guy

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Never read them and watched the 1st season of the show and never really got into it for whatever reason. At age 75 and supposedly this one and another after? He better move it at this rate he will have to live to 100 to get both out.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Never read them and watched the 1st season of the show and never really got into it for whatever reason. At age 75 and supposedly this one and another after? He better move it at this rate he will have to live to 100 to get both out.

Time to call up Brandon Sanderson again from the bullpen.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I started to read GOT but stopped when I realized it'll likely never finish/the first books are like word for word the tv shows which bores me. I'll probably pick them back up eventually though.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
What does George RR Martin want in life?

Maybe at this point, writing the rest bores and he doesn't really want to do it, and that's why it's taking so long.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
He is never finishing the story for whatever reason(s) he is not disclosing. The fact that he would rather write anything else, tells us that he still wants to write but not for this particular story.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
He did finish it. The show ruined the ending so he isn't motivated to actually finish that book series and now is focusing on other stuff where people don't know and hate the ending.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
He actually did a fine job.
Of course, with GRRM long since bowed out Sanderson is the best fantasy writer in the business. People will have their own preferences but he can't be beat on the overwhelming level of quality content.

Speaking of Wheel of Time in regards to A Song of Ice and Fire, it brought down the quality of the series but at the end of the day just letting Robert Jordan keep plugging away at the mess he made but putting out a book every 2-3 years was for the best. Would much rather have that than GRRM trying to be a perfectionist to wrap his series up in two final books that never get released. If it was possible I'd take the option where he just keeps putting out a Feast/Dance every 3 years and the series ends up being 10-12 books or whatever but it actually gets done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad