Post-Game Talk: The wind blew some leaves back onto the driveway, but Florida still up 3-1 in the series

What will happen tonight?

• Falling leafs

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • Burning leafs

Votes: 11 45.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
And again. We have been calling out Barkov all playoffs. We absolutely must do the same to Tkachuk

Where the hell has he been this series? Throw in Bennett on there too. Just nothing memorable outside being belligerent during scrums the last 3 games. And Tkachuk, outside of an ordinary assist on the PP, was a nothing player. NO SHOTS? 22 minutes no shots?

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
And again. We have been calling out Barkov all playoffs. We absolutely must do the same to Tkachuk

Where the hell has he been this series? Throw in Bennett on there too. Just nothing memorable outside being belligerent during scrums the last 3 games. And Tkachuk, outside of an ordinary assist on the PP, was a nothing player. NO SHOTS? 22 minutes no shots?

He and that line definitely had a better first series against Boston.

But they have still been better than Barkov overall and are driving the play more. Would certainly like a bit more production from them though!

Our 3rd line has been the best this series.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
He and that line definitely had a better first series against Boston.

But they have still been better than Barkov overall and are driving the play more. Would certainly like a bit more production from them though!

Our 3rd line has been the best this series.
This is false. Game 1 it's true.

Game 2, 3, 4, Barkov has actually been higher than Bennett on XG% 5 on 5.

Game 2 the Bennett line was actually the worst line we had. Game 3 the Barkov line was the best. Game 4 Barkov was above Bennett and clustered in with Tkachuk and Cousins.

The line was numerically bad because Duclair dragged it down

1683823902090.png

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
This is false. Game 1 it's true.

Game 2, 3, 4, Barkov has actually been higher than Bennett on XG% 5 on 5.

Game 2 the Bennett line was actually the worst line we had. Game 3 the Barkov line was the best. Game 4 Barkov was above Bennett and clustered in with Tkachuk and Cousins.

The line was numerically bad because Duclair dragged it down

View attachment 706708

This playoffs they have been better overall.

And that chart you provided shows Tkachuk was better than Barkov (this game?). And the one vendetta posted earlier showed all three players on that line had a better game than Barkov (this game).

Barkov has had one good game (the 3rd game).

The Tkachuk line has overall been better than Barkov this playoffs.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton

Tkachuk and Verhage are far and away leading the team in scoring chances and creation this postseason

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
This playoffs they have been better overall.

And that chart you provided shows Tkachuk was better than Barkov (this game?). And the one vendetta posted earlier showed all three players on that line had a better game than Barkov (this game).

Barkov has had one good game (the 3rd game).

The Tkachuk line has overall been better than Barkov this playoffs.
I am not arguing this.

What happened last round is irrelevant right now.

Again, as a whole their line was better because for as good as Duclair was game 3, he was the complete opposite yesterday. He performed just a hair better than the 4th line.

Gamerscore cards are wholly a different conversation than actual XG production especially at 5 on 5.

Reactions: Beezers Mask and KW

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
It seemed to me that Toronto tried to play more defensive and shut the Panthers down as much as possible and minimize mistakes. Neither team played well but I think Toronto finally starts to understand that they can't just play a fast paced game and it paid off for them. I wouldn't say they deserved the win or that they really played well, but I think their style in this one caught Florida off guard a little. Should be interesting to see if they will do the same tactics in their barn or if they feel the need to show off to the home fans again, which will certainly play into the hands of the Panthers.

At the same time, Florida just felt slow and sluggish bar a few moments throughout the game. I feel like they tried to be overly fancy with their plays. Several times they had a great opportunity to just shoot the puck, but decided to make that extra play and the chance was completely lost. Hopefully they will be prepared for the next one.

I mean it was 6 straight wins. We all knew they weren't going to just keep winning. Still, would have been a lot of fun with a sweep, but...oh well. Thankfully it's not long until the next game, these extra days off are brutal, honestly!:hit:

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Had a weird dream last night that I had to play for the Leafs vs the Panthers in what might have been a large high school gym. I didn’t know how to properly lace up my skates and the blade kept coming off. Keefe yelled at me. Panthers won in OT but I got some pizza afterwards.

Maybe I need a weed break….

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Had a weird dream last night that I had to play for the Leafs vs the Panthers in what might have been a large high school gym. I didn’t know how to properly lace up my skates and the blade kept coming off. Keefe yelled at me. Panthers won in OT but I got some pizza afterwards.

Maybe I need a weed break….

Bitch <3

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
It seemed to me that Toronto tried to play more defensive and shut the Panthers down as much as possible and minimize mistakes. Neither team played well but I think Toronto finally starts to understand that they can't just play a fast paced game and it paid off for them. I wouldn't say they deserved the win or that they really played well, but I think their style in this one caught Florida off guard a little. Should be interesting to see if they will do the same tactics in their barn or if they feel the need to show off to the home fans again, which will certainly play into the hands of the Panthers.

At the same time, Florida just felt slow and sluggish bar a few moments throughout the game. I feel like they tried to be overly fancy with their plays. Several times they had a great opportunity to just shoot the puck, but decided to make that extra play and the chance was completely lost. Hopefully they will be prepared for the next one.

I mean it was 6 straight wins. We all knew they weren't going to just keep winning. Still, would have been a lot of fun with a sweep, but...oh well. Thankfully it's not long until the next game, these extra days off are brutal, honestly!:hit:
Another reason for their defensive play may be that they don’t trust Woll to be a wall. Maybe they’ll continue to do what they did and we need to then counter it.

5 Hole

Oct 2, 2011
Woodbine, GA
I’m enjoying these playoffs and I can take some comfort in knowing we have a coach that can make adjustments.
We’ll be fine in this round. It’s just a matter of time before we advance.

Reactions: Prominence Problem

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
If we don’t win 4 games then we don’t deserve to go onto the next round. Duh.

All this shit spewed by O’Reilly is just desperate shit to try to keep the Leafs from letting the pressure get to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad