The What to do With Fucale Thread

Joannie9

Aug 10, 2009
Prospect goalies don't have much value. Let him develop into a first goalie than we'll decide what to do with him. There is no rush with him, we have two strong young goalies in Price and Tokarski. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes 4 years to fully develop

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
is this really a thread. We just drafted him a year ago. He's got YEARS to go before he's even close to being NHL ready.

Imagine if we traded Price after we drafted him the year Theodore won the Vezina? yeah, easy there boys. Let the kid play and see where he's at when he's 22-23 years old and Carey Price's backup for a few years.

:shakehead:

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
If he has a great WJC, trade him while he is "Pogge hot". He won't get a sniff in Montreal and if we can move him as part of a package that puts us over the top, do it.

Beige Van

Oct 4, 2009
Canada
Agree with the consensus. Let him develop his game for a few years. He is a minimum of 3 years away from seeing any NHL action in my opinion. With the goaltending situation on the big club, we have that luxury.

As a side note, Ryan Culkin is playing very well in his first pro season with Adirondack. The Flames might have themselves a 5th round steal with our pick from the Cammi trade.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Nothing.

We have a few goalies in the system now so we don't need to rely on him to develop. Goalies develop slowly and unpredictably. If some team really wants him, trade him, but goalie prospects have little value, so the best scenario is to just let him play and get a better idea what he's going to be in a few years.

NyreLy

Monsieur.
Jul 2, 2013
St-Constant
Keep Fucale.

I can see Tokarski in a possible trade in the future, of course talking about something in 3-4 years. And also we have to consider the future seasons of MTL on the goalies performance and his stats when he hits the AHL.

Too soon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad