The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 5.0

njdevil26

I hate avocados
Dec 13, 2006
Clark, NJ
Just enjoyed another great couple of days in Montreal. Tonight, the fiancé and I took a river cruise out of the port. There was a cool band and an acrobatic show.

Only negative about Montreal for me..... The traffic and the construction. I live next to NYC.... Other cities should be a breeze but no. There's always traffic and construction. The roads are also in poor condition.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Just enjoyed another great couple of days in Montreal. Tonight, the fiancé and I took a river cruise out of the port. There was a cool band and an acrobatic show.

Only negative about Montreal for me..... The traffic and the construction. I live next to NYC.... Other cities should be a breeze but no. There's always traffic and construction. The roads are also in poor condition.

Oh, we know about the construction and poor roads. Don't worry. Best way to go around town is by foot and by metro.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Montréal is an interesting city by world standards. It's bilingual and has diverse ethnic neighborhoods. Its symphony orchestra is world class. It also boasts of varied terrain, ranging from the St. Lawrence River to Mount Royal.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I think this is the year I get to a game in Montreal.

I'm used to Devils tickets going on sale in early September. Is that what I should expect for Habs tickets?

InChuckWeTrust

Apr 18, 2016
Comedy Festival This Weekend

Hi guys,

I know this is against the rules, but please bare with me as this is super important and I'm stuck in a really ****** spot.

The story is this..

I am coming to MTL tomorrow - Tuesday. Bought a pass to Zoofest last night, went to book my shows, sold out. It's my birthday weekend, and all my friends have tix to these shows, except for me and my girlfriend. My question is, does anyone know if there are scalpers/anyone selling tickets? I am looking for the July 23 midnight surprise, and the July 25 7:30 Piff the dragon show.

I am willing to give my left nut to get my hands on these. I will by you tickets to a show if you want.

Pls help :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
This thread is insanely well done. Might I recommend something though? How about ending the OP with a bolded "this weekend" section. It's be awesome even for locals to find out what's going on in a weekly basis. I keep missing out this year because I forget certain events.

dupont

Jun 23, 2015
Visiting Montreal

Hey Everybody,

Im from Switzerland and will be visiting Montreal at the start of the new Season. I'll be there for the first home game vs. the Pens. Am obviously really looking forward to it.

Now since this will be my first NHL Game Im not sure on whats the best way to get tickets.

There are lots of online sites which sell tickets. I guess the house will be packed since its the home opener.

Could you recommend any sites to get tickets in advance or should I buy the ticket directly at Bell Centre?

Thanks for any information.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Hey there!

Seeing a show at the Bell Centre this weekend, and was wondering which restaurants are open during concerts?

I don't really have an interest in the first couple of acts, so I'm hoping there is somewhere I can catch an hour of the Jays game.

Outside of that, any other suggestions for food?

loudi94

Master of my Domain
Jul 8, 2003
Alberta
I'm hoping someone can help me. When we were in Montreal this winter, I visited the souvenir shop in the old forum. Had a great chat with the fella working there. Anyways for the life of me I can't find the name or phone number of that store. The forum website doesn't seem to have it. They have a pinball machine that I can't get out of my head.

Alexdaman

Wolfman
Mar 12, 2012
Hell/Heaven

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I'm going to claim extreme ignorance here.
Coming to town in October. Wondering mostly about public transit to the Bell Centre, the bar scene and hotels.
Is everything fairly centralized and on one side of the bridge?

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
I'm going to claim extreme ignorance here.
Coming to town in October. Wondering mostly about public transit to the Bell Centre, the bar scene and hotels.
Is everything fairly centralized and on one side of the bridge?

Depends what you mean by centralized, because for the bar scene, you have many spots that are not that close to one another. But there are many bars at each spot (St. Laurent, Old Montréal, St. Denis, Peel, etc...). But everything is on the island, no need to cross a bridge.

As for public transport to the Bell Centre, there is a Metro station right under.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Depends what you mean by centralized, because for the bar scene, you have many spots that are not that close to one another. But there are many bars at each spot (St. Laurent, Old Montréal, St. Denis, Peel, etc...). But everything is on the island, no need to cross a bridge.

As for public transport to the Bell Centre, there is a Metro station right under.

Awesome. Now I've got some good terms to google.
Thanks!

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Metro should do a decent enough job to get you just about anywhere of note. Lucien L'Allier is the station you want for the Bell Centre if I am not mistaken.

On a side note, had the best smoked meat sandwich in my life this past weekend, place in the Old Port called Le Smoking Meat. Beats out Schwartz and the Main for me, although the fact that it was made with Kobe beef obviously helped....

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Metro should do a decent enough job to get you just about anywhere of note. Lucien L'Allier is the station you want for the Bell Centre if I am not mistaken.

On a side note, had the best smoked meat sandwich in my life this past weekend, place in the Old Port called Le Smoking Meat. Beats out Schwartz and the Main for me, although the fact that it was made with Kobe beef obviously helped....

Definitely taking note of this. Hahah

hockychica

Nov 16, 2007
Habs training camp practices

Does anyone know if training camp practices are open to the public? We are planning a day trip to Montreal while on vacation in Ottawa and would love the chance to see practice if possible. Thanks!

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
After years of seeing snowbirds from up north attend Lightning games in Tampa my daughter and I are going to go against the flow and will travel to Montreal in late October. Just bought tickets for the Bolts/Habs game on the 27th. This will be a hockey fan bucket list item for both of us and we're really looking forward to it. I haven't been to Montreal since Expo 67 and my daughters never been. Lshap's opening post is a great resource, thanks for posting it. See you in October......................

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad